Ugh just great

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: Ugh just great

Post by sproulman »

paulaboutform wrote:
newbie wrote:That sucks Matt! I still dont think thats a riser issue, those limbs arent supposed to break clean like that. Should never happen. I was hoping that wouldnt happen when i saw your tiller last week, at least for the season.
I would insist on a spare set as well.
I 100% agree Mike. All this talk about gen 1 risers and gen 2 risers is simply FALSE. Excalibur doesn't recognize the risers that way either, they're simply the original or new designs.....and neither is responsible for broken limbs or limb issues. That makes absolutely no sense and I don't buy it. If it was a design flaw, every set of limbs would have issues. Those limbs have over 250,000 individual strands and with a properly prepared and made limb a break like that would be impossible. I believe that something in the process has changed be it resin, epoxy, glass, cure....something. Either a supplier has changed a source for a cheaper alternative that Excalibur isn't aware of, or proper care isn't being taken when mixing agents to make the limbs. Whichever it is, I believe any issue lies in the limbs, not the risers. That just makes sense to me. Hopefully my micro 355 limbs are great...but I do havea sspare set (just like I have for my Exomax, 380, and 405).

Paul

it seems to be left limb too..New spacers on bolts they must think its overtightening of limb straps..if so on his break it was factory that put limbs on new in box ..you know they were hard to take out i had to be careful not to strip head and no way you would have removed them with allen wrench but it could have been loc tite on bolts..i only snug down my bolts on my 2 micros..

Post by newbie »

mmc wrote:
newbie wrote: i am fully aware of how they work and are to be set up.
So..... can you tell me what the point of shoulder bolts or the spacers? to prevent overtightening correct?
If you are aware of everything why the continuing line of questioning?
I think a few people need to lay off whatever is in their coffee and get out and shoot some deer.
Your thinking statement may be flawed, as it is based on admitted assumptions.
I think its a few that dont understand the function of the spacers or shoulder bolts. ... please explain how those can be overtightened so i can understand.

Nope i stick to my second statment.... refer to above.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
mmc

Post by mmc »

Yes, why is it the left limb that seems to fail in most of these reports? Why is it rare to see a busted limb on the right side? The only excuse I can think of for that is there are many strong lefties out and about overcocking their crossbows...? That is a lame excuse though, and it shouldn't break a limb.

Another possibility, (no, I am not accusing you!) is that some of these failed limb reports are repeat postings of a previous breakage, where the person(s) simply posted different photos of the same break using a new user name.

I suspect the causes are varied. I'm not ready to blame the limbs entirely because I found cut and pinched limbs on my 380 after unpacking the box. In my case a cause could have been identified had I simply assembled the bow, shot it and busted a limb. But I found the problem before my 380 was shot and my cut and wounded limbs never broke, even after 100s of shots and a years time.

Hopefully these threads will dry up one day soon, cause some folks may continue to harbor fears that can limit their fun.
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range
mmc

Post by mmc »

You have demonstrated your thinking prowess newbie. Take your games elsewhere.
Current interest: VPA non-vented 125gr, 150gr, 175gr broadhead flight for long range

Post by newbie »

No games here, thanks for edumicating me on something you understand more then me :wink:
Seems ive been installing my recoil plates wrong and wanted to finally understand the correct way.

Good thing im not a lefty :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads

Post by newbie »

mmc wrote:You have demonstrated your thinking prowess newbie. Take your games elsewhere.
:lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:
Lefties ?
And you say i demonstrate my thinking prowess?

Heck i want whats in your coffee for sure
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
mmc

Post by mmc »

I don't have any coffee in my house... only water, various fruit juices in my pantry, a quart of apple juice and a partial jug of milk in the fridge. I don't drink anything else.

I'm sorry, but you seem to be on some sort of irrational vendetta. You've chosen an unwilling victim as your target. Stop it now and leave me alone.

This is your final warning.

Post by newbie »

mmc wrote:I don't have any coffee in my house... only water, various fruit juices in my pantry, a quart of apple juice and a partial jug of milk in the fridge. I don't drink anything else.

I'm sorry, but you seem to be on some sort of irrational vendetta. You've chosen an unwilling victim as your target. Stop it now and leave me alone.

Thanks for the warning, no irrational vendetta, all i asked for was clarification of how shoulder bolts and or the new spacers can be overtightened. I just want to understand this so i dont do this in the future as it seems important.... You can't seem to explain..... just wanted some insight.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I happen to be person that saw limb break at strap ,left one nice straight crack down strap with top blown out more than bottom edge going down.we were on our 9th shot ..

other one he was sitting in his treestand and it made ting noise 2 times then bro in same spot left limb at bracket ..his bow was shot 20 times.both of these bows were bought in /augsept of this year the gen 1 is still out there...

we bought 5 at our group total.mine 2 were in jan gen 1 of this year...only thing on mine was 5 inch sliver on inside of left limb after 100 shots ..marks started to show on left limb of my first limbs but most soid that was normal..

so if factory is tightening the limb strap bolts on all 5 why is it that 2 bro and 3 did not?could it be bad limbs cooked as was said before? could it be that shooting a 350 gr quill both that bro shot 350 gr arrows.i know i read that one expert here back when they had the cooked problem he put 3 sets of limbs on his micro 335 and they bro...

So maybe it is bad limbs and these 2 that bro in our group were cooked ones and not ones you get now when replaced...So far we are not hearing of any breaks in gen 2 models which 2 things were done limbs made in house now and new riser.....
mmc

Post by mmc »

newbie wrote:
mmc wrote:I don't have any coffee in my house... only water, various fruit juices in my pantry, a quart of apple juice and a partial jug of milk in the fridge. I don't drink anything else.

Thanks for the warning, no irrational vendetta, all i asked for was clarification of how shoulder bolts and or the new spacers can be overtightened. I just want to understand this so i dont do this in the future as it seems important.... You can't seem to explain..... just wanted some insight.
You shut down your opportunity with your smartaleck remarks newbie. If you will now behave yourself, I will take the time to explain. What is your decision?
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

All this banter is fun to observe, :roll: problem is its longevity has caused me to run out of popcorn. :lol:

In all seriousness though, it appears that "the blind are leading the blind", when it comes to dealing with this subject. :!:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
hoytwon

Post by hoytwon »

On my second set of micro 335 limbs Danny Miller fixed me up the 2nd time around great guy to wrk with! Micro is shooting well now with no issues by the way it is the blk tactical model! Happy hunting!
Micro 335 nitemare
Matrix 405
Trigger tech triggers
hoytwon

Post by hoytwon »

Forgot to mention my limb problem was right side each time!
Micro 335 nitemare
Matrix 405
Trigger tech triggers
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Are these limbs expendable items? Are they expected to break and you replace them like a string? Am I missing something?
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I'm not a business, the name came about as a joke and I figured why give anyone else free advertising.