Ugh just great

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mattones

Ugh just great

Post by mattones »

Two limbs in two months... My micro 335 limb just snapped on the same side it snapped before but in half. There is less then 20 shots on these limbs!

I was in the bush this morning and heard the same sound as the first time it broke... Sounded like ting. Looked and didn't see any damage..

Home for a few hours and heard a strange sound in the back hall. Went to investigate and came to a snapped limb.

Planned to hunt all long weekend with it.. this was a kick in the groin.

I know this will be replaced but any reason to why two limbs in two months? I showed a fellow member a week ago how my string had a 1/4 difference between stoppers. I assume I had a bad limb?

pics to come
Last edited by mattones on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
wsisk

Re: Ugh just great

Post by wsisk »

hate that for you.Looking at the pic thats a gen1 correct :?:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
mattones

Post by mattones »

Yup it sure is.

Sucks big time, I may just buy an extra set of limbs if I'm having this much bad luck. Lol
08 Diamond Justice
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

I purchased the gen2 in aug.so far no issues.Where do you get the extra set of libs from :?: Price :?:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If I were a micro owner I would have an extra set of limbs handy even if they were not known to have issues in the 1st gen.

I would contact Excalibur(phone), and perhaps talk to them regarding your limb issues. If I am not mistaken(often I am) they made changes to prevent this in the 2nd gen
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

It might be time to speak up for an updated version
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

I saw where they had a bad batch of limbs over heated.I beleive the limbs are the same for gen1 and 2, Gen 2 they took out some material on the riser design to take some stress of the limbs.I could be wrong because I usually am :roll:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
mattones

Post by mattones »

longbow joe wrote:It might be time to speak up for an updated version
Can't afford a new bow st this current time. Hopefully the limbs last more then 20 shots
08 Diamond Justice

Post by newbie »

That sucks Matt! I still dont think thats a riser issue, those limbs arent supposed to break clean like that. Should never happen. I was hoping that wouldnt happen when i saw your tiller last week, at least for the season.
I would insist on a spare set as well.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

mattones wrote:Two limbs in two months... My micro 335 limb just snapped on the same side it snapped before but in half. There is less then 20 shots on these limbs!

I was in the bush this morning and heard the same sound as the first time it broke... Sounded like ting. Looked and didn't see any damage..

Home for a few hours and heard a strange sound in the back hall. Went to investigate and came to a snapped limb.

I know this will be replaced but any reason to why two limbs in two months? I showed a fellow member a week ago how my string had a 1/4 difference between stoppers. I assume I had a bad limb?

pics to come
..Question are you using quill arrows with 100 gr points? if so that may be causing it..If so I would stop now and get your arrow weight to 400 grs...
mattones

Post by mattones »

sproulman wrote:
mattones wrote:Two limbs in two months... My micro 335 limb just snapped on the same side it snapped before but in half. There is less then 20 shots on these limbs!

pics to come
..Question are you using quill arrows with 100 gr points? if so that may be causing it..If so I would stop now and get your arrow weight to 400 grs...
They are 125gr heads. I'm at 400gr.
Last edited by mattones on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 Diamond Justice
mattones

Post by mattones »

newbie wrote:That sucks Matt! I still dont think thats a riser issue, those limbs arent supposed to break clean like that. Should never happen. I was hoping that wouldnt happen when i saw your tiller last week, at least for the season.
I would insist on a spare set as well.
I was hoping so too. Wonder if it happens again what Is causing it. I might try OEM strings next..
08 Diamond Justice
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Mattones, I see your in 87 as well. If you need a loaner bow let me know, I have 3 x cals. Can drop one off tonight so u don't miss much of the long weekend
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

mattones wrote:
sproulman wrote:

pics to come
They are 125gr heads. I'm at 400gr.
drop ya PM....
mattones

Post by mattones »

one shot scott wrote:Mattones, I see your in 87 as well. If you need a loaner bow let me know, I have 3 x cals. Can drop one off tonight so u don't miss much of the long weekend

Thanks for the generous offer. I went to BassPro this afternoon and picked up a new sight for my compound bow as the old one was missing the 20Y pin head. Got it together and sighted the bow in. Should do me until this is sorted out. :)
08 Diamond Justice