HHA and VX-1

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vertacre

HHA and VX-1

Post by vertacre »

I have a VX-1 3-9 x40. Thinking of getting a HHA to put it on. Will it fit, and will that scope hold up?

It is for a micro.
Thanks.
SEW

Re: HHA and VX-1

Post by SEW »

I think so. By in large, I think most major scope companies have moved beyond the reverse recoil. I've seen posts where these very scopes have been used on an Optimizer.
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

The 3X9 will be a little long on a micro, any Leupold will stand up to the recoil of a crossbow. I have a 2x7 Vx 1 on mine and it works great. In fact I suspect the whole" reverse recoil will ruin a rifle scope" was just a marketing ploy. I find it hard to believe that the same scope that withhstood magnum turkey loads, slugs and a 45-70 Will fall to pieces once you put it on a crossbow. Jefro
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

It'll fit and work great. It'll look big on the micro but it really doesn't bother me. I think you'll love it.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
vertacre

Post by vertacre »

I want to replace a Twilight dlx so, I'm not too concerned about it looking too big. :D
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The scope might over-hang the stirrup...kidding :D I think you've got yourself a solid low light scope and a great system to dial in your yardage. Both companies stand behind their products 100% and you've got them on an Excal so it'll be a setup to last for ages...if you like it.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits