Havalon Piranta Bolt.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Havalon Piranta Bolt.

Post by newbie »

I bought one this year to try out. Got to use it on my lil 8 point. This knife is fantastic.
It zipped through everything with ease. It has great grip and felt at home in my hand. Very very light.
I was worried it would be slippery covered in blood with rubber inserts on only one side but it never was even close to being slippery.
Have read some say the blades are too flimsy and break. I loved how flexible they are and never broke a blade. It is fantastic for skinning just slight touches here and there where the hide hangs up. It has a perfect hump where you can put a finger on top of the blade.
I guess you could gut and skin 2 3 or 4 deer with one blade depending how gentle you are. I found it to be a pleasure to use in all aspects didnt have to fight or work at anything the thing just cut.
I could see the blades being a little difficult to change in the cold mid deer with fat and buildup on the blade. Use pliers as suggested. If you are careful and wipe the blade down dont force or rush it would be no problems without but please use them they are SHARP. Cold hands would definitely require pliers.
Cleanup wqs a breeze as well. I removed the blade ran it under hot water to remove the bulk and threw it in the dishwasher. Blade will be used for odd jobs or saved for the next deer its still just about as sharp as new.
If you are looking for a low maintenance easy to use sharp thing that you wont even know its in your pack pocket or on your belt even with half dozen spare blade i highly recommend the Piranta.
My next purchase will be the fillet knife.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carnivorous

Re: Havalon Piranta Bolt.

Post by Carnivorous »

I use the same knife. It replaced all my other knives. I use it for skinning and deboning. I let Derrick use mine at Bear camp and I bet he bought one already..lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I use the same knife. It replaced all my other knives. I use it for skinning and deboning. I let Derrick use mine at Bear camp and I bet he bought one already..lol
Mines the green though.... i know you got the pink :lol:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I got one as a gift from a hunting buddy and was impressed enough to buy another for the boofest raffle.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

I use mine on everything from deer to squirrels. I love it. My wife works in a lab and brings me blades when I need them. Regular scalpel blades work on them
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I use the same knife. It replaced all my other knives. I use it for skinning and deboning. I let Derrick use mine at Bear camp and I bet he bought one already..lol
Mines the green though.... i know you got the pink :lol:
LOL...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

That's awesome to hear. I bought one but was scared that I might be disappointed. Thanks for the review.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Will have to check them out! If Kathy or I get a deer any chance of a demonstration :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen

Post by newbie »

TheBig1 wrote:That's awesome to hear. I bought one but was scared that I might be disappointed. Thanks for the review.

Chad
You won't be!
mr meat wrote:Will have to check them out! If Kathy or I get a deer any chance of a demonstration :lol:
No problem.... i need to return that swhacker anyway
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads