Crossbow NEWBIE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ralph 72

Crossbow NEWBIE

Post by ralph 72 »

Hello everybody, I am very new to the crossbow process, but thanks to Excalibur's information, and the good people on this forum, i feel like i have a head start. I am from central Illinois, and suffered a back injury at work, so i am no longer able to pull a vertical bow. Thanks to my doctor, I am able to hunt with a crossbow for the next 3 years, so i started looking at crossbows, and decided to go recurve right off the bat. I went down to my local archery shop last December and traded my vertical bow for a used Equinox with a crank. The first time i shot this bow i was amazed, everything i have read about Excalibur crossbows was true. i have a 9 year old boy and this July we bought him a Matrix Cub crossbow for his birthday, for a YOUTH bow this thing rocks. We put a tact zone scope, and a trigger tech trigger on it, and out to 50 yards he is deadly. So after shooting his cub , I decided on a Micro 355 that i bought last month, again this bow exceeded above, and beyond my expectations, I was able to harvest a doe October 1st with it. I cannot express my feelings or gratitude to Excalibur Crossbow company for producing and Awesome product, and giving me a chance to deer hunt again.
papabear1

Re: Crossbow NEWBIE

Post by papabear1 »

Welcome to the best forum out there,
and welcome to the Excalibur world, I started bow hunting in Illinois in 1960,
lived around Collinsville/Troy/St Jacob area and hunted in the silver creek
bottoms, lots of deer there, started out with a Ben Pearson recurve,
now I hunt with my Equinox, and it has never failed me !
I am now 74 and still take my share of deer here in Missouri.
Stick around, you will find a lot of knowlage, and great people here !!!!!

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Buck hunter for 53 years always challenge of getting ole mossy horns..But you know at 62 I have more fun sitting in my treestand remembering what was not killing Buck anymore...

in fact i enjoy shooting bow more than killing Buck its hard to get old school fred bear recurve out of me....

boy did we miss bucks years ago over 100 with big butts walking into sunset ...Those were days ..... 8)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

welcome to the forum
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....great intro....so glad to hear both you and your son are having a blast with your excals .... congrats on your harvest!

Welcome to the right place!

....How about you indicate in your registration that you hale from Illinois...it helps us in helping you if you ever have queries.....

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Welcome, and congrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ralph 72

Post by ralph 72 »

Thanks for the replies, we went hunting this afternoon and saw a doe and heard a buck grunt twice, but never saw him, it was the first time my son ever heard a real deer grunt.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Welcome to the site. You will get a lot of good info on here. There is a a good group of guys and girls that are real dye hart excalibur owners. Glad to see the your son is hunting with you. Good luck and will wait to see him with his first deer with his Excal..
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
BillNBuddy

Post by BillNBuddy »

I just purchased a Micro 355 , absolutely awesome bow! Can't say enough about the Tact Scope , speed dial , lens caps , red or green illuminated site marks ect.

The more I shoot it the more I like it , I originally went to buy the BullDog 400 but after handling & shooting both it was obvious the Micro 355 is so well balanced it made steadying your aim so much easier. And its wicked fast!