Hunting Camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Prédateur

Re: Hunting Camera

Post by Prédateur »

It is not the strongest setup but it work for me.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Here are some of the images of my ShotTrak on "....BadaBing 8) "

The ShotTrak not only works great....but quite frankly you don't even know it is there!

Anthony :)

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Hey Anthony:
Where did you get the picatinney rail that the Shot Trak is attached to?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

hockeyfodder wrote:Hey Anthony:
Where did you get the picatinney rail that the Shot Trak is attached to?

....it is part of the Excalibur TacPac....I removed the tactical pistol grip which i did not like and I have the MM so I don't have to hook the arrow quiver to it and all that is left is the rail on which the ShotTrak is mounted to!

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

The Shot Trak sure looks like a good one, reasonably priced and versatile as to mounting, and quality performance.

However, it also seems to be on the no-no list for export out of USA. It seems not to be carried by the major retailers in Canada, anyway. Sigh.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

You can buy blank picattiny rail from Midway, Sinclair or Brownells and mount it to Munch mount or use the existing quiver mount holes if you have munch quiver mount you will not be using the under rail holes. I believe the Excalibur Tac Pac has picattiny included that is drilled for mounting in factory quiver holes.
tracer

Post by tracer »

This is the camera you want. It has a low light sensor,
4 x zoom in focus, bow, scope mount included, extra
battery, HD video, remote, micro card.
SPYPOINT XCEL HD 2 HUNT

https://whitetailscrossing.com/XCEL-HD2 ... 27373.html

FREE SHIPPING
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
ccamp200

Post by ccamp200 »

So, I have had the same question I have been dealing with - as well as a few others - range finder, night vision for yotes, etc.

I pulled the trigger recently on the ATN X Sight II to try to kill all the birds with one stone. It is on back order so hopefully will get here by early November. Cannot vouch for how it actually works yet but the features are limitless and the videos on line are incredibly cool. Downsides are that it will be heavy - 2.15 lbs (vs weight of traditional scope + gopro + mount) and eats batteries (already got a usb power pack).

Features that did it for me:
One scope for Day and Night Vision
HD Video Recording
Recoil Activated Video (b4 and after shot - doubt this will work on my Excal)
View what scope sees real time on Tablet (for teaching my kids)
Range finder (of sorts)
One shot Zero
Weapon profiles to use on different guns / crossbows - I will be mounting with QD Mounts in hopes of being able to switch out without having to re-Zero.

Other Features that I dont care about:
eBarometer
GPS
Compass

Reviews seem to be both good and bad - often dealing with the users technical ability from what I read - so I am really anxious to try. Have a look and let me know what you think or if anyone on here has had experience with one of these:

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-day ... cope-3-14x
Exekiel 22:30 - And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Black Matrix 380 "Meat Maker"
ccamp200

Post by ccamp200 »

Couple of video examples (not mine):

https://youtu.be/jVptePWQohw

https://youtu.be/RJYug0ZkMMk
Exekiel 22:30 - And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Black Matrix 380 "Meat Maker"
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

ccamp200 wrote:So, I have had the same question I have been dealing with - as well as a few others - range finder, night vision for yotes, etc.

I pulled the trigger recently on the ATN X Sight II to try to kill all the birds with one stone. It is on back order so hopefully will get here by early November. Cannot vouch for how it actually works yet but the features are limitless and the videos on line are incredibly cool. Downsides are that it will be heavy - 2.15 lbs (vs weight of traditional scope + gopro + mount) and eats batteries (already got a usb power pack).

Features that did it for me:
One scope for Day and Night Vision
HD Video Recording
Recoil Activated Video (b4 and after shot - doubt this will work on my Excal)
View what scope sees real time on Tablet (for teaching my kids)
Range finder (of sorts)
One shot Zero
Weapon profiles to use on different guns / crossbows - I will be mounting with QD Mounts in hopes of being able to switch out without having to re-Zero.

Other Features that I dont care about:
eBarometer
GPS
Compass

Reviews seem to be both good and bad - often dealing with the users technical ability from what I read - so I am really anxious to try. Have a look and let me know what you think or if anyone on here has had experience with one of these:

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-day ... cope-3-14x
That looks like a pretty awesome scope. Lots of technology which scares me a little....more stuff to go wrong. Let us know how it works out for you!!
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

Finally got a decent mount for my Tactacam for the hunting season. Tactacam wasn’t offering a picatinny mount for their 4.0 camera last year during the bow and gun season so I had to rig a temporary mount to attach my camera.

I purchased a Munchmount from Terry and he cut a piece of picatinny rail and attached it to one of his camera attachments. The camera attaches perfectly and I can’t wait to capture a nice hunt. Definitely a nice option for running a hunting camera on your crossbow.

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

SummitSitter wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:29 pm
Here is a pic of my Tact Zone scope which I'm sure many of you know how it looks...

I would idealy like to mount a camera, whether it's a Tactacam or other similar one, onto the scope. It doesn't look like I will have any mounting area on the scope near the front or rear scope rings. The only area that I could see clamping a mount to would be on the tube near the rear scope cap.

My other option that I'm thinking about would be to use a Munchmount that connects to the front of the crossbow and makes the camera sit above the scope. The Tactacam has an optional picatinny camera mount:

Does anyone use a Munchmount with a picatinny rail for any mounting needs? Where could I purchase a rail that could be used with a Munchmount?

If anyone has any other recommendation on where I could attach a picatinny rail onto the crossbow without using a munchmount, please let me know.
Thanks again for everyone's input.
On bottom side, where quiver mount holes are. I've mounted a light there before. Worked well, already two tapped holes. Can use picatinny or Weaver mount for Marlin 336( it's flat bottom.)
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

tracer wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:52 am
This is the camera you want. It has a low light sensor,
4 x zoom in focus, bow, scope mount included, extra
battery, HD video, remote, micro card.
SPYPOINT XCEL HD 2 HUNT

https://whitetailscrossing.com/XCEL-HD2-HUNT_p_27373.html

FREE SHIPPING
I have one of these for sale, only hunted with it 3 times. $120 tyd paypal USA. Will post on trading post later with pics if I can get them to load.
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank