No Mercy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

No Mercy

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup thats their name, Zwicky 2 blade single bevel right wing. I jus did some preliminary shootin of them wid Captain Morgan. I have Captain Morgan sighted in at 20 yds usin the 100gr Hellrazor bhead. Its right at 30-40 n 50 yds. So i put on this 165gr No Mercy n shot at 20 yds into my 18-1 at 20 yds. It hit 1/4" to the right of center n 1 3/8" low. So i proceeded to shoot at 30 yds n it was almost center but 5 1/2" low. Knowin that goin to 40 yds would be too low n hit into my bag i jus called it a day. I didn't want to resight my scope, so i will use up my fixed bheads prior to doin that. I will sight in these wid Black Magic Woman when she is back to health
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
LongCarbine

Re: No Mercy

Post by LongCarbine »

I still haven't got any of the old type heads to fly real good . I have been trying all screw on heads and spin testing them. I wonder if swedgeing them on would work better ? Mike if you get yours to fly true please let me know how you did it .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
SEW

Post by SEW »

Same with me. I'd hoped the Bear Super Razorheads (145gs) from decades past would do well out of my BD on the 20" ST/92g inserts. Horrible! I now regret just not using the 175 g Xbow Tricks!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am not goin to swedge any, n i am not wantin to heat n twist glue fer reindexin. I jus tried the one n it spun well no wobble by hand. Wid the weight of 465gr Captain Morgan maybe in the 300 fps area
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
jdmax

Post by jdmax »

Just some info on traditional heads. I shoot a matrix355 with 16" zombies, aluminum nocks and 4" right wing helical feathers. On this I use 2117 glue in, glue on broadhead adapters from fs discount archery. These adapters fit the arrows good and have a 22/64 ferrule. My broadheads are 160 grain glue on snuffer or 165 grain glue on simmons tree sharks. So far I have killed 8 deer with this setup from 8-39 yards. All pass thrus with no deer making it more than approx 40 yards. You just have to be careful how you have the broadhead turned or both of them will hit the stirrup!!! Accuracy is 1 1/2" at 40 yards. Perhaps not the best, but with these big heads, you have to give up something.
Last sunday I shot a 7 1/2 year old doe, broke both shoulders, at 39 yards. Arrow was in the ground 6" on the opposite side. She plowed forward 18 yards on her face.I ppicked up the arrow, touched up the blades and its good to go again.
My arrows are spine indexed and weigh 380 grains. One last thing I should note. I jb weld in my adapters and broadheads. I use separate arrows to shoot field points. So far no bent adapters or broadheads.
Hope this info is useful
JDMAX