Ahh whats one more stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Ahh whats one more stand

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL] The wife went out food shopping tonite and its been too hot to hunt so this "extra" ladder stand came outta the shed n got the camo treatment I got the perfect place for it" tomorrow after work its haul n sweat time hopefully Saturday its gonna cool down n the huntin will be good again till then im keepin buisy lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Re: Ahh whats one more stand

Post by xcaliber »

Git Her Done! :lol: :lol:
Joe, I wish I could get some hunting in, kill something soon brother, I need something to drool over! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I wish bro. I rarely get a buck before halloween ......the lord makes me work for em. My personal goal is to get one before the handwarmers come out.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Joe, my season looks grim with all that's happening. Mom gravely ill, wedding for the little queen, and my impending knee surgery. I got some sweet spots set up for the apprentice, but I'm not getting much playing time this fall. Good Luck, Hang Em High! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I cannot sit in ladderstand anymore at 63 almost...Kills my back ...Hunters twist them around trees or remove a section or pee on your steps etc ..

but i do like my Summit 180 max climber and use my deer cart to haul it in daily which is pain but we have learned to live with it on publicland here in wmu2g...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Good to keep gettin yer stands put into good spots. I did get a decent one fer here early this yr. Usually its in Nov. when the rut makes them slip around here
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

sproulman wrote:I cannot sit in ladderstand anymore at 63 almost...Kills my back ...Hunters twist them around trees or remove a section or pee on your steps etc ..

but i do like my Summit 180 max climber and use my deer cart to haul it in daily which is pain but we have learned to live with it on publicland here in wmu2g...
I haul in my Summit Viper as well. Can't leave it out unless I hunt dark to dark. I'm 65 and wish four wheeler's were legal in my area. I just sucked it up and do what I have to do.

This is how I convert my climbing tree stand into a cart. Couldn't see buying a Game Cart when my tree stand can double as one.
http://sherpahunting.com/

Good Hunting!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Pickwick

Post by Pickwick »

I like the looks of that! I like ladders more these days unless Im hunting with my kiddos, then its ground blinds.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Definitely a nice job on the camo....
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

ko4nrbs wrote:
sproulman wrote:I cannot sit in ladderstand anymore at 63 almost...Kills my back ...Hunters twist them around trees or remove a section or pee on your steps etc ..

I haul in my Summit Viper as well. Can't leave it out unless I hunt dark to dark. I'm 65 and wish four wheeler's were legal in my area. I just sucked it up and do what I have to do.

This is how I convert my climbing tree stand into a cart. Couldn't see buying a Game Cart when my tree stand can double as one.
http://sherpahunting.com/

Good Hunting!!
Bill

nice idea but 53 years out there it has bad things..

first not knocking it i think its nice of all these invention.
next you have to use LARGE wheels min is 18 inch .
those wheels would not work in pa in woods .You would be cursing all way to truck,TRUST ME and with sore back from pulling...
we use kids bicycle wheels on our deer carts but now they are putting on 18.5 inch wheels on 50 dollar carts.
trust me those carts are great,tires stink on some it takes 3 weeks to air out..

so higher off ground is MUST....
we cable lock our carts in brush so far no problems as they are hidden good near our spot we hunt but we never leave our climbers they stoled 1 last year cost my brother 400 dollars....

NEXT I DO NOT WANT TO CARRY THAT WEIGHT IN WITH ME..hard enough with summit at 21 pods ,my clothes,carrying bow...

i use MOLLE SYSTEM to carry my stand in or use that 50 dollar cart .

getting blood on my stand NO,maybe tearing up my stand NO I TREAT MY STAND LIKE MY MICRO 335 BUT I DO NOT WAX IT NOT YET ANYHOW :lol:

Drop me PM if you like and i can give you tips on using my MOLLE SYSTEM to carry in your summit...
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Nicely done Joe. Since I'm not hunting until Saturday you've inspired me to also put out another stand tomorrow after work.

Tell us a little more about your camo method. Obviously it contains burlap but give us some details.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

sproulman wrote:
ko4nrbs wrote:
sproulman wrote:I
Drop me PM if you like and i can give you tips on using my MOLLE SYSTEM to carry in your summit...
I used a Molle System for one season but the extra equipment I carry in was the problem. I also tire out with the stand on my back so I turned it into a cart. So far here in NE Oklahoma it has worked out well.

I wish I could put up a ladder stand but if I did I doubt it would last a day or so. Lot's of theft in this area. If I hunt dark to dark though I have had no problems. No one out there in the dark so far. I don't hunt there during Gun Season as it get's over run.

I did find a spot alongside the river only accessible by boat that has worked out well. Been there for over 4 years and have never seen anyone in there.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Chad ...lots of burlap and lots a wire ties. When i get it in place i will cut some saplings and wire tie the saplings and whatever i can find to the legs with the monster size ties even though i hunt a private place it keeps prying eyes off the stand ....is anywere private anymore? Dont forget a huge chain n lock i found a monster chain that fell of a truck in the industrial park the other day ..how convient. I will post a pic when hung and camoed.