Warranty Vixen's Limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Warranty Vixen's Limbs

Post by vixenmaster »

Ok i see my limbs failed the destruction test, n wid that the rest of the crossbow is jus parts! :lol:

Can you believe i was jus Emailed by Excals C S tellin me my limbs are not to be Lifetime warranty. They claim i must buy up graded mag tip limbs fer $80 ! I don't think so! I will put it over in the parts box fer rail, riser n trigger use in the future. Thats after i get a hold of Peter.
Last edited by vixenmaster on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Re: Warranty Vixen's Limbs

Post by sproulman »

HORTON screwed me bigtime 2year old bow and limbs got crack in left limb bolt hole.cost me $180.00 for new limbs now they do not even make parts for former horton bows after they sold out..

Never buy their bows ever..
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Go get em vixer .....ol widow maker dont deserve this treatment !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I was jus informed that my vixen has a 5 yr warranty, gee my owners book didn't state that. All this yrs i thought my Excal had a great warranty.
Half Bubble Off BD360

BVP

Post by BVP »

Vix

Who told you your limbs are under warranty for 5 yrs? Are they saying all Excals are now 5 yrs or just the Vixen.
Vixen ll
Ibex
Exocet 200
Exomax
Grizzly
Matrix 350 SE
Vixenmaster strings
Grim Reapers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

BVP wrote:Vix

Who told you your limbs are under warranty for 5 yrs? Are they saying all Excals are now 5 yrs or just the Vixen.
Excals C S lady, :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

vixenmaster wrote:I was jus informed that my vixen has a 5 yr warranty, gee my owners book didn't state that. All this yrs i thought my Excal had a great warranty.
:shock: shids bout ta hit da fan Fo show
Last edited by jefrohio on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Boy howdy this gets better n better. I tried to Order a set of blemished Matrix limbs fer my 350SE n was told by same C S lady i would have to buy Exo series limbs! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Most people don't realize it by our full lifetime warranty was not offer until 2010, before that it was a 5 year warranty from the date of purchase. After that period warranty will be given at Excalibur's discretion for the lifetime of the original owner. So, for a crossbow built in the 90's with limbs no longer produced we have to charge an upgrade fee which we have been doing for years.

I think our warranty is one of the best in the industry and we do our best to make our customers happy. But at some point we have to charge something when circumstances are outside of our warranty parameters.

Here is a copy of the back of our catalog from 2008:

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ok so y'all are not goin to warranty the limbs but want me to purchase a set. I shall tell Dawn to have my vixen's limbs returned. I shall hang them on the wall to remind me of sumpin i never need to do again, thank you
Half Bubble Off BD360

SEW

Post by SEW »

Excalibur crossbows have a limited lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects. Warranty will be given at Excalibur's discretion for the lifetime of the original owner.

This is from the current site. I've been under the impression that there was a lifetime Warrenty on the crossbow: the lifetime of the crossbow. That impression came from non-Excal sources though. However, I expect that's what most Xbow familiar people have come to believe.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I don't know what limbs you had on your bow. However, I have a set of carved Exocet limbs that I switched out for new limbs. Nothing wrong with them except they are the carved model.

If it helps you, you can have them. Just PM me.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Most people don't realize it by our full lifetime warranty was not offer until 2010, before that it was a 5 year warranty from the date of purchase. After that period warranty will be given at Excalibur's discretion for the lifetime of the original owner. So, for a crossbow built in the 90's with limbs no longer produced we have to charge an upgrade fee which we have been doing for years.

I think our warranty is one of the best in the industry and we do our best to make our customers happy. But at some point we have to charge something when circumstances are outside of our warranty parameters.

Here is a copy of the back of our catalog from 2008:

LEOPOLD could have thrown my scope of 40 years ago in garbage scope saved my back.you know what they sold me 500 dollar scope for 80 bucks.guess what i did and my family too we bought 9 ,500 dollar scopes from them because of way they took care of me at camp..9 new scopes ..i think excal so far is great too ..

my first bow was HORTON ..after 2 years only 20 shots on bow the left limb got crack at bolt hole.they would not help me at all ..20 shots out of bow...NEVER BUY ANOTHER HORTON BOW ..cost me 180 .00 dollars for new limbs ,took bow and sold it at big loss and bought 2 excalibur micro bows....
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

BVP wrote:Vix

before 2010 warranty was 5 years ....
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well heck such is life n i am certainly learnin lessons. Hard earned fer an old hard headed person.
Half Bubble Off BD360