SEW

New Sound Supression System

Post by SEW »

What is it?
amythntr

Re: New Sound Supression System

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:What is it?

.....Steve, part (or all) of it would (might) be the addition of the air brakes....curious if this will become "standard fare" on all of the future models!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This a new add on option from Excal ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

evadentally it involves loss of speed :?: at first i would have thought some kinda coating or void and filled rail goop.i noticed the new models have the air breaks. hope its not extra weight slapped on the front end. it would also have to make a BIG difference in noise for me to loose 10 fps.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I love the sound my bow's make....and the deer seem to like it too!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have never had an issue due to my bow noise.

Pull trigger,crossbow pings,arrow smacks the hide, deer or bear takes off very briefly and crashes...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
SEW

Post by SEW »

As the picture above shows, this M380 is accessorized/modified for maximum quietness. Kteck Xbow stabilizer, polystyrene packed rail and stock, double shrink wrapped arrow hold down spring which is slightly bent up so it won't strike the rail after arrow launch, a 175g Boo string/silencers (this string has at least 1,500 shots and serving is still great!),XB75, Air Brakes, entire DrStirrup kit, TT 2.5# DS modified to like Boo's string latches are modified. Speed loss: ~20'/sec (mainly due to heavy string and Air Brakes).
Those who say that "all recurve xbows are noisy" just haven't shot this one. I'm shooting 390g arrows just over 350'/sec. When I shoot 486g arrows , it's silent - almost.
Just for the record, for this hunting season, it has an experimental very light, fast string ( I won't say any more about this string), ABs & Stabilizer off and is using the 390g Zombies. It's zipping those arrows right out there. It's my daylight bow (XB75).
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

SEW wrote:Image

As the picture above shows, this M380 is accessorized/modified for maximum quietness. Kteck Xbow stabilizer, polystyrene packed rail and stock, double shrink wrapped arrow hold down spring which is slightly bent up so it won't strike the rail after arrow launch, a 175g Boo string/silencers (this string has at least 1,500 shots and serving is still great!),XB75, Air Brakes, entire DrStirrup kit, TT 2.5# DS modified to like Boo's string latches are modified. Speed loss: ~20'/sec (mainly due to heavy string and Air Brakes).
Those who say that "all recurve xbows are noisy" just haven't shot this one. I'm shooting 390g arrows just over 350'/sec. When I shoot 486g arrows , it's silent - almost.
Just for the record, for this hunting season, it has an experimental very light, fast string ( I won't say any more about this string), ABs & Stabilizer off and is using the 390g Zombies. It's zipping those arrows right out there. It's my daylight bow (XB75).
Do the outriggers help it float? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SEW

Post by SEW »

flightattendant100 wrote:
SEW wrote:Image

Do the outriggers help it float? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, they're anchors.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Do you put your bait on top of target or beside :mrgreen: I'm figuring with the weight of that thing you might as well wait there on the bench. And as I see the dead dear to left of target - not a bad idea - put a pop up over your bench :wink:
SummitSitter

Post by SummitSitter »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I have never had an issue due to my bow noise.

Pull trigger,crossbow pings,arrow smacks the hide, deer or bear takes off very briefly and crashes...
Seriously...how much additional crap do you need on your crossbow?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....personally, I do the minimal...ear plugs in the ears and that's about it! :mrgreen:

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

SummitSitter wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I have never had an issue due to my bow noise.

Seriously...how much additional crap do you need on your crossbow?
None.. I don't even have a quiver bracket on my bow.. lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

SummitSitter wrote:Seriously...how much additional crap do you need on your crossbow?
Meh, to each their own. If someone wants to go all-out to get the quietest crossbow possible, then more power to them. For those that like it minimalist, that's great too. I'm somewhere in-between... I figure the 80/20 rule is fairly accurate here (80 percent of the noise reduction comes from about 20 percent of the effort).

~E
SEW

Post by SEW »

Read the last part of my post. Most of that stuff is not on the M380 this hunting season: just for playing off season. It has no speed affecting stuff on it now, but is still relatively quiet.