I owe Forum an Apoligee

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

I owe Forum an Apoligee

Post by vixenmaster »

Its my fault that i assumed my vixen had a lifetime warranty. I have been informed that is not the case. I need to read better n not go by word of ear or mouth. Now fer those who piled on after Peter made it well known i was wrong. He is n was correct, y'all shouldn't run in a pack peckin at me. You feel i was wrong thats fine, but talk to me here in the open about it !
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Carnivorous

Re: I owe Forum an Apoligee

Post by Carnivorous »

Like most things in life there is good news and bad news.

Bad news they have no more carved tip limbs to offer you.

Good news. The bow served you well for 20 years. If you choose to buy the new limbs you will have another 20 years before you need another set.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Like most things in life there is good news and bad news.

Good news. The bow served you well for 20 years. If you choose to buy the new limbs you will have another 20 years before you need another set.. :)
Sounds like a win win situation to me.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Like most things in life there is good news and bad news.

Sounds like a win win situation to me.
....and as I understand, a couple of members have offered their carved Vixen limbs to ya Mike....

....I do understand your original venting and I am not sure i would have reacted any differently than thou....having cut my eye teeth on the unquestionable 100% Excalibur Warranty which apparently has gone through an iteration or two and currently the verbal understanding differs from the written one! 'nuff said by me...time to move on!

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

All's well that ends well. Consider all the good: after 20ish years of trouble free usage, a 5 year warrantied part broke and was offered for replacement at well less than 1/2 the new price. That's a great deal.
Additionally, vintage Excal owners being what they are, at least 2 offered their vintage limbs for no cost. Another nice pair of offers.
We've all learned more about our "best in the business" warranties.
Time to move on.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Easy mistake. I would have thought the same as you. But is it just limbs? I seem to recall a guy who had an issue with his wolverine that would fire when the safety was flicked off. I don't think he was out any $ on that repair. But perhaps that's b/c of a safety issue and not considered a wearable item? Where is the line drawn?

I guess that's where discretion comes in
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-

Post by newbie »

everyone would have vented just as you Mike.
I thought the same but had issues with my wolverine and got the same thing many moons ago.
I think a whole bunch of people didnt know they were 5 years before 2010 but do now.
That vixen is worth the 80 bucks to you in memories.... dont let it go to parts bud.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I sure learned something,So thanks for venting.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Try waxing your bow and see if they pile on..lol.. :lol: :lol: I think what came out of this was info I did not know that full warranty went in after 2010..

like my luepold was 40 years old and they charged me 80 bucks for 500 dollar scope ..I was very happy what a scope i have over older one ...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

newbie wrote:everyone would have vented just as you Mike.
I thought the same but had issues with my wolverine and got the same thing many moons ago.
I think a whole bunch of people didnt know they were 5 years before 2010 but do now.
That vixen is worth the 80 bucks to you in memories.... dont let it go to parts bud.
I have 800 dollar recurve bow hanging on wall that i would be lucky to get 100 dollars but it has memories ...
wabi

Post by wabi »

Yep, it had a 5 year warranty.......but.......
Excalibur always warranted them way beyond that when Bill T was still the owner.
Yours is the first I'd heard of that has been refused for free repair. Perhaps the new owners are more concerned with profits than customer loyalty. :(
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Sorry folks but a lot of this is BS. A 20 yr old xbow breaks and warranty expected???? I would not have the nerve to even ask - I'd buy new limbs if they existed. Regular folks on here know dam well how well Excalibur looks after us, yet many griping about it. Even after many of these things get basterdized and altered and Excalibur has still fixed the messes that have been created. Enough of the whining and go hunting. Don't knock something you know is above average.