Yet another broad head "I need opinion" post

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Yet another broad head "I need opinion" post

Post by amythntr »

.....I also would never go near anything Rage after watching an independent test of mechanicals being shot out of a machine....they are just junk IMHO....I too absolutely love the NAP products and currently shoot the Spitfire 100's (XXX) (with all I have been reading will probably go to 125's next year) and the FOC's...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:... Now consider the Toxic Broadheads. They're a fixed, replaceable blades broadhead with 5" of cutting surface actually 'coring' out a wound channel creating massive hemorrhaging...
You forgot to mention that they are Hell on targets!! :shock:

Had time to run a few shots off with the Toxic's a few days back now. Target now looks like someone machine-gunned it with a 45 caliber of some sort! Huge clover-leafed holes!!

Guess if it does the same to game though... :twisted:

Going to have to give that a try...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

IronNoggin wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:... Now consider the Toxic Broadheads. They're a fixed, replaceable blades broadhead with 5" of cutting surface actually 'coring' out a wound channel creating massive hemorrhaging...
You forgot to mention that they are Hell on targets!! :shock:

Had time to run a few shots off with the Toxic's a few days back now. Target now looks like someone machine-gunned it with a 45 caliber of some sort! Huge clover-leafed holes!!

Guess if it does the same to game though... :twisted:

Going to have to give that a try...

Cheers,
Nog
Oops, sorry buddy. I forgot to mention the part about quick target destruction! :shock: :mrgreen:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I lost a nice OH buck to a Rage years ago and that pretty much did it for me. I tried Swhackers since then and got OK performance. But after learning a bit more about arrows and crossbows etc. over the years, I now shoot fixed out of my Micro 335. With a very stiff arrow shaft like a zombie slayer, the accuracy is outstanding even with a 125 gr RamCat. I built 9 new arrows for this year's season and had 2 "leftovers" from last year (both went through deer too) and 10/11 are within 1" at 40 yds and 1 shoots about 3/4" high at 40. But that is reduced at 20 or 30 so it's fine too for hunting. Like you, I shoot an Excal because it is simple and reliable. So my BH is too. The absolute key though, is a good quality arrow. But if you are so inclined, shoot a mech.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

2" Hypos,just an outstanding broadhead.
Libtards make me sick, and I don't take orders from a forum rat who needs to go to a safe place. Get used to Conservative Right wing hard working Canadians telling you liberals to F off!!!!! :wave:
VTbowman

Post by VTbowman »

Well Ive used a few models of mech heads over the years. Wasp jak hammer due to the thickes blades on the market at the time. Vortex for stupid wide cut. Looked like I hit my buck with an axe when they hit ghe rib cage, across the ribs. Loved the G5 mech heads out of my compound. Tekans and T3s. Impressed with both on deer and turkeys. Switched to Rage hypos last year being caught up with all the hype but have yet to put one in a deer. I was told that the only diff between them n a xbow model of rage is the shock collar is stronger. I would think a xbow model should be "tougher". Jmo.
I dont think Im going with Rage on my xbow.
Interested in Ramcats as they look nasty n Im almost afraid to handle them. Though I cant seem to find a pic of them closed. Or am I off base thining they are mech heads? Swackers get a nod too. Like the design.
Still not sold on anything NAP. Just never considered them a high quality head. But Ive been wrong before. Lol
"Please dont hate". I know tons of you guys love them. Not bashing you or your choices. Just not an interest for me. Perhaps I will take a closer look at the Spitfire. FOC is just to heavy for how i want my bolts.
Ive got time to decided since I cant hunt with my xbow till next year.
Micro 335 Real Tree Xtra with Air Brakes.
8ptCustom String in Camo
Tac Zone
BE Zombies Slayers .001
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Tried rage and didn't like em, sticking with muzzys fixed