Ladder stand installed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Ladder stand installed

Post by longbow joe »

This is a pic. Of the ladder stand installed . I harvested a really big buck here in 2002 but after that it was never that good again . Trail pics show another monster has moved in so here i am . Look at the photo of the treesteps have grown in the tree in 14 years.now im older and the loc on butt n back killer just wont work so its an old guy ladder now .hopefully the magic tree will come thru for me once again .enclosed is a pic of my 2002 buck
Last edited by longbow joe on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Re: Ladder stand installed

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL]
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL]
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Image[/URL]
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

good luck hope you get him :D
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Dang Joe, you have not aged a day brother. :wink:
Good luck buddy! Nice setup.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Hey, we all get older. Hope your luck is good. I'm 62 and I've cut back from ladderstands on nice days to ground tents on crappy days. Happy hunting....I'm just happy I can still get out there!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

That ladder setup looks nice.. its brushed in nicely.. Good luck with that new buck Joe.. Hope you get him..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I still use my Summit climber max 180 because i fall asleep at times and you are safe and I can move stand if i have too and get up to 18 ft in archery ..
it has a lot of room too stand and move around ..

sad part is you cannot leave it out on publicland that makes me mad lot of work carrying it out daily so i bought a deer cart but setting it up at 6am in dark is pain ..
at 63 its getting old doing it ....
I never had good luck with ladderstand in archery unless i could get up 18 ft or higher so i went to climber years ago ....

in gun season I may go back to ladderstand as you only need to be up 12 ft but they are not comfortable at all my Summit is so nice I fall asleep at times and have killed some nice bucks waking up at 11;30 am..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:Image[/URL]
Oh my sore back from that pic..No way i could sit in that baby anymore..if you go to wal-mart they make stadium seats with arm rests ..They are great for that type of back breaker ..

I have friend that found one with sling seat and he likes it but someone climbed it and cut seat off and took it ....mine they took a no.2 on my seat ..disgusting people out therte..
wabi

Post by wabi »

hockeyfodder wrote:Hey, we all get older. Hope your luck is good. I'm 62 and I've cut back from ladderstands on nice days to ground tents on crappy days. Happy hunting....I'm just happy I can still get out there!

At 65 my ladder stand is a nice big 2-man model with a "porta-roof" over it, too. :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Great Buck n nice ladder stand you set up. I am still usin Hang-On stands n climbin sticks n a Summit Climber. I have 1 ladder stand its 2 man Summit over on my lease.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

wabi wrote:
hockeyfodder wrote:Hey, we all get older. Hope your luck is good. I'm 62 and I've cut back from ladderstands on nice days to ground tents on crappy days. Happy hunting....I'm just happy I can still get out there!

At 65 my ladder stand is a nice big 2-man model with a "porta-roof" over it, too. :lol:

....Ah that magical age.....left work early yesterday and got a couple of hours in the woods....saw nothing....but can't wait till I can do this on a regular basis :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I had a real understanding boss in the 80's he used to let me leave 2 hours early during hunting season rather than take an entire week off . It was a small company and they would rather have me not gone a week. ...........that fueled my hunting adiction even deeper .lol