Flemish vs reg string???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VTbowman

Flemish vs reg string???

Post by VTbowman »

First let me say I have a Boo string on order. So I dont need convincing based on how many folks get these custom strings.
But why are they so good/better/preferred/desired over a reg factory string? Other then they look awesome. Lol
Micro 335 Real Tree Xtra with Air Brakes.
8ptCustom String in Camo
Tac Zone
BE Zombies Slayers .001
GrassyKnoll

Re: Flemish vs reg string???

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I like the heaviness ( mass weight ) of a flemish string , though it may slow the bow down a bit.. It tends to quiet the shot a little, less vibration , less serving issues at the end loops to worry about. They look cool. Easy to maintain as in if I need to reserve it, just take it off and reserve...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well said. Earlier on they actually improved performance on the Mag Tip models because of the material used. You made a great choice going to a Flemish String.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

VTbowman wrote:First let me say I have a Boo string on order. So I dont need convincing based on how many folks get these custom strings.
But why are they so good/better/preferred/desired over a reg factory string? Other then they look awesome. Lol
One of the Biggest advantages I think you'll notice immediately, Is how little you'll have to adjust the Brace Height , I think you'll be very pleased with your new Flemish string !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
galamb

Post by galamb »

Because they look awesome :lol:

For me it wasn't about any possible "performance enhancement".

Even if they gave you say 10 extra feet per second (about 3% on most models) that is such an infinitesimal actual increase in the greater scheme that it wouldn't even be worth the cost of the postage to get the string to you (if we were being honest).

But you can pick some really cool colours to look at and keep your mind occupied while sitting in the stand or blind. Because again, being honest, you might only shoot the bow "when it counts" a couple times in an entire season. The rest of the time you are just "admiring it" :)
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
VTbowman

Post by VTbowman »

My apologies to two members. I mentioned I had a Boo string coming in my original post. Thats a mistake. I confused who was who. I have a 8ptbuk custom string coming.
So my apologies to 8ptbuk n to Boo.
Micro 335 Real Tree Xtra with Air Brakes.
8ptCustom String in Camo
Tac Zone
BE Zombies Slayers .001