First week out scouting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Red_label-jr

First week out scouting

Post by Red_label-jr »

So as the title describes I quickly drove to one of my blinds today. It's a bit of a trek to get to it as it's through a pretty thick swamp, but at the same time there's a few natural funnels that run through it. Every time I'm out I usually walk through the reed grass and avoid getting my scent on the trails.

Unfortunately due to a critical in jury leading to an emergency surgery, just days before opening day I placed my camera in one spot last week and turned up with no pictures. So I made the quick decision of moving it to another area 50 yards north of where it was, and it turned out to be a much better choice after all.

So instead of going to my blind on Friday I ended up deciding to go to another area a few hours away and hunt pheasants. But it just turned into a very long walk.

So here's a start to what I've got for pictures I have off it from the first week of having it out.
Last year same spot I had a doe and 2 fawns caught on camera at 2 a.m on the closing days of the season.

I was in this area last Friday just for a quick look around and I walked up on some deer after hours on their bed. I caught a quick glimpse of this buck at the last second and thought it was atleast a 6 point. when he and 2 others busted out I thought the woods were coming down with them.

And some Sandhill cranes too.
MADMAX2

Re: First week out scouting

Post by MADMAX2 »

looks like a good spot for that ten point he might start showing up during legal light now.
I have seen 3 different bucks since Friday just got to get one in front of me!! :roll: :roll
good luck!!
The best things in life are not things!!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck, the main ingredient is there! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great looking picture Chris ! .... only a matter of time !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "