Firenocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Firenocks

Post by paulaboutform »

Who's used them and what are your thoughts? How do they compare to Luminoks for brightness etc... The thing that sounds good is the lack of moving parts. I've found that Luminoks are fine with lighter bows like the M380 but with a heavier frankenbow Luminoks and even plastic nocks start to either mushroom or cause micro fractures in the back of the arrow.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
rattlerun

Re: Firenocks

Post by rattlerun »

I use the firenocks in both my 355 and my 380 with absolutely no problems. There is a bit of a learning curve installing them, and they are not cheap, but everything I've read about the others out there, I'm not changing soon?
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

You and I have almost the same stroke on a Matrix platform and I have had no such problems with my Lumenocks or my plastic nocks :?:

I have learned a few things about Lumenocks from Big John that surprised me. Each has to be individually fit to each individual arrow and don't rock the nock back and forth to extinguish it, pull straight back. You're probably doing these things already, but if not, that could be causing your hairline fractures.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

racking up points wrote:You and I have almost the same stroke on a Matrix platform and I have had no such problems with my Lumenocks or my plastic nocks :?:

I have learned a few things about Lumenocks from Big John that surprised me. Each has to be individually fit to each individual arrow and don't rock the nock back and forth to extinguish it, pull straight back. You're probably doing these things already, but if not, that could be causing your hairline fractures.
Hmmm, I've extinguished them all the same way and seat my arrows tight on the string. If I was causing the fractures then it should be happening with my M380 and M405 as well.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I have never noticed any "fractures" on my "arra's" when using the Lumenoks....I am now shooting them out of "Fulmine Grande!

.....Quite frankly I cringe at the thought of shooting a $50+ arra when using the Firenocks...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I have used Firenocks and Lumenoks in my Exocet 200. Both have performed well for me. The Firenocks work fine but are just too pricey for me. The Lumenoks put a little dimples in the end of my arrows. When I refletch them I just clean them up with my G5 ASD.

Another option is the Nufletch lighted nocks. I just ordered a set to try out. Hard to go wrong at $20.00 for three delivered. I especially like the construction. They appear to be very sturdy. I am looking forward to trying them out.

https://nufletch.com/product/ignitors-c ... -id-bolts/

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire