please delete.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

unclefester

please delete.

Post by unclefester »

Please delete.
Last edited by unclefester on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On staff at Crossbow Magazine.
hockeyfodder

Re: Cabela's deer hunting seminar.

Post by hockeyfodder »

Why would they hold it the last day of the season in most WMUs in Ontario?
I would think it would be better attended a few days or week before the main deer season. JMHO
Bullzeye

Re: .

Post by Bullzeye »

Probably the same reason they hold a gun show here in Montreal during deer hunting season......some things I just do not understand.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Boo

Re: .

Post by Boo »

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm kinda surprised that you guys responded like you did. Ken is an amazing good hunter and he's offering his expertise and knowledge in a bid to help others improve their odds of success.
From what I remember of his post, it is being held in southern Ontario and our season ends at the end of the year, so it's no far fetched at all to think that his seminar may be helpfull so some members here.
Maybe Ken is being a bit sensitive towards your response and I'm sure you guys meant no harm, but I do hope Ken reconsiders and reposts what he had to say.
Ken, if you're reading this, please don't be upset, I know you can help, so please repost.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bullzeye

Re: please delete.

Post by Bullzeye »

Well said Don, and I agree, you should repost Ken, I certainly had no intention of of insulting you with my post. There is definitely a big difference between a gun show during hunting season and someone taking their personal time to share their knowledge during the season.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

If I was closer I would definitely attend. I can always use some good tips from my fellow bow hunters.

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I have to agree with Boo and would also like to add, that anyone complaining about the date should be a compliment to you Ken. The only way a member would be concerned, would be because the obviously would like to attend.

I also think you should reconsider posting it back up, there are rookies like me that enjoy the help no matter when it is. :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

I had no intention of ticking someone off. I just made a comment about the timing. Having hunted for 42 years with good success, I'm sure that Ken with his knowledge and experience could give me some tips and pointers to enhance my hunting experience. For me, personally, an opportunity to attend a seminar like this would be better in early to mid September before the seasons in Ontario start and I'm prowling the stores to either restock what I need for the upcoming season or looking for the newest fads.
If anyone, especially Ken is offended, I apologize...
Mike
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

I hope something like this will get offered in the future, I still have tons to learn and not everybody is willing to take the time to teach. still shocked how many helpful people u meet on this forum
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender