Flat or Moon?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VTbowman

Flat or Moon?

Post by VTbowman »

I assume its s matter of personal choice but Im looking at Nufletch lighted nocks n see mostly moon style. I originally installed the flat nocks on my zombies for ease of alignment. Did not glue them.
Do you glue lighted nocks in?
Micro 335 Real Tree Xtra with Air Brakes.
8ptCustom String in Camo
Tac Zone
BE Zombies Slayers .001
paulaboutform

Re: Flat or Moon?

Post by paulaboutform »

Excalibur bows, and their trigger system, are designed to shoot flat nocks. It's not recommended to use anything else. Some do use moon nocks, however, if your nock to string alignment is anything besides perfect and your string isn't centered perfectly in the groove of the moon nock the results could be disastrous. I recommend using what works...and works well.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

no glue on the luminocks.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

x 2 on flat.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

As stated already....flat nocks only on Excaliburs. You should not need to glue in any plastic flat nocks. The NuFletch Igniters are a little different. You can glue in the aluminum inserts if you want because there is a plastic piece that fits inside it that you must remove to turn them off. But as I said earlier, you can friction fit the inserts using a plastic shopping bag.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
VTbowman

Post by VTbowman »

Thanks all. It was my feelings to go with flat and Im just as happy to keep it that way.
Micro 335 Real Tree Xtra with Air Brakes.
8ptCustom String in Camo
Tac Zone
BE Zombies Slayers .001
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I just called them and ordered up another 2 packages of Ignitors yesterday. That will give me 12 for the various arrows I shoot with my 3 different Excal's, plus the 7 I have equipped with Nufletch "Ape Tails". which were made up "Short" for the Micro 335 8) They suggested I place my order on line to enjoy free shipping and no taxes. :wink:

If your open to advise ? I would suggest the green ones as they last up to 4 times longer than the red ones...They are reporting getting up to 50 hours... I have found them easy to find as dusk arrives but possibly a bit harder to see while in flite.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Use the knocks the crossbow manufacturer recommends. No, you don't glue in luminocks. Excalibur uses a flat threaded insert that a T-Handle can be screwed into to help remove stuck arrow from a target. Check their DVD online. Moon nocks allow the string to sit in them, cock feather down always (directional). Good hunting!
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I know that the experts say only use flat nocks in the excals but for me when I bought my exomax 20 or so years ago I couldn't get the supplied flat knock arrows to fly well. I bought some arrows on sale at a hardware store and they all had the half moon nocks. They shot so well out of my bow that that is all I ever used in it ! Now I have the new micro and it shoots both (flat and 1/2 moon about the same. Guess I'm just lucky with that .
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....with regard to the Ignitors...I have never had to glue in my inserts.

....I use a black plastic bag (store or garbage bag). Cover the entire insert with the plastic bag.....twist it as you insert the insert piece of the ignitor into the arra shaft...it forms a very snug fit...not requiring glue at all...trim or burn off the excess bag and you are good to go!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings