Tagged out with the Micro in PA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: Tagged out with the Micro in PA

Post by sproulman »

cumberlandxbow wrote:Sproulman...feel your pain. I hunt Michaux State Forest down here. Lots of land but not many deer. I have been successful but it is hard hunting. Rifle season on public land is a joke around here. Last year i watched a guy plunge into a thick briar laden bedding area....while it was still dark. Needless to say i didnt shoot one that day.

I try to take good care of the private property owners that let me on...such a privilege.
I saw great days growing up here in Clinton county,pa.Boy did we have deer you would see 15 to 25 deer per drive ..Turkeys as big as basketballs..Ruff grouse everywhere..Squirreals everywhere...no coyotes...I remember 1 hunt that over 20 Buck came under my treestand and I got none that evening was waiting for 12 point to come out and had 8 point bucks 10 ft from my feet rubbing their horns on my apple tree i was in..

we would take a 15 mile ride and counted 100 bucks with spotlight dad would not let us count doe there was over 200 easy ..Big deer they were big bodies old deer over 5 years old ...

Sad what I am seeing no wonder i see about 5 kids hunting now back thenyou would see 100 kids easy in a day...You were up all night waiting to hunt for buck,you learned about how Buck would double back on ya ,tracks and tricks..Never told anyone that you shot a doe in 3 day doe season it was embrassing if you did kids made fun of ya at school etc....

now 4 weeks of hard hunting and i saw more coyotes than deer, no fawns and ton of hunters riding roads with crossbow ready to shoot at DOE ...They are not even getting a DOE let alone a buck..

i heard of 7 bucks killed in my area for 4 weeks ,7 thats unreal we used to see 20 killed in 1 day.....

CAMPS for sale everywhere do to bad hunting now..VERY SAD .. :cry:
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Congrats on your 2 Deer with your Micro.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

2 Fine Deer Congratulations
Fire up The Grill and Smoker :lol: :lol: :lol:
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
gwhuntr

Post by gwhuntr »

Whackem & Stackem.
Grats!
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
Ten Point Pro Elite Arrows
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks
whoay

Post by whoay »

Congrats I think our bucks were twins but mine was a 6 point.....
Attachments
20161110_111250_resized (640x360).jpg
catclr

Post by catclr »

Nice job on the two Pa. deer. My best day was this past Monday 7th, saw 16 deer, and 4 were buck, trouble is the two within shooting range was a spike & 4 pt., the other two was the sun flash off horns, the other was a flash chasing a doe that I did not see.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

Sproulman I hunt in Gibsonia near North park 12 miles north of Pittsburgh suburbs
Land of the Giants.. WELL... Does not seem that way anymore. Big Deer come from here but it seems it is getting harder to see Big Bucks like years past. And there was no "RUT " here. Trickle rut sucks. Deer did not rub trees until December. WTFudge! Can't be coyote problem. Because I had a small buck that just died behind my house . He was hit in September leg and hip. Terrible to watch all those months. I watched that coyote for weeks give that deer problems but never could bring that deer down. And he was easy target. Deer are tough. My Best friend is a Game Protector. ( Not A Game Warden) He does not let me take them out. But we do have WAY to many doe.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Congrats on the double!

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

cumberlandxbow wrote:Sproulman...feel your pain. I hunt Michaux State Forest down here. Lots of land but not many deer. I have been successful but it is hard hunting. Rifle season on public land is a joke around here. Last year i watched a guy plunge into a thick briar laden bedding area....while it was still dark. Needless to say i didnt shoot one that day.

I try to take good care of the private property owners that let me on...such a privilege.
It is sad to see what has happened to our hunting here in nc pa wmu2g ..All doe killing has ruined our hunting.....Now letting semi-auto guns in woods with nuts that do not know how to hunt like you say they ruin your hunt,follow you around and walk right in to your spot then light up cig ..

Hunting is over on publicland here in pa for deer ..Hunters today have to fill all those tags even if it means no deer for kids future on publicland...This will be first year in my life in best deer hunting area in state of pa that I will be leasing land so I see a deer and no idiot hunters out to fill the freezer when they know there are few deer left to hunt on publicland .......
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Micro.slayer wrote:Sproulman I hunt in Gibsonia near North park 12 miles north of Pittsburgh suburbs
Land of the Giants.. WELL... Does not seem that way anymore. Big Deer come from here but it seems it is getting harder to see Big Bucks like years past. And there was no "RUT " here. Trickle rut sucks. Deer did not rub trees until December. WTFudge! Can't be coyote problem. Because I had a small buck that just died behind my house . He was hit in September leg and hip. Terrible to watch all those months. I watched that coyote for weeks give that deer problems but never could bring that deer down. And he was easy target. Deer are tough. My Best friend is a Game Protector. ( Not A Game Warden) He does not let me take them out. But we do have WAY to many doe.
Privateland near subs as you said have deer .4 point rule helps in subs we have 3 point rule in wmu2g clinton coiunty..I am not against culling DOE if you have too many.

In clinton county we are allowed 11 dpsm ..if you see 3 dpsm that is it some miles no deer at all NONE.Habitat is great..I went 2 weeks in gun season never saw deer in say a 25 mile area ,NOT 1 DEER .Went by privateland saw 14 in 1 field....No hunting on that land owner said they are not ruining his deer on his property so he posted it...

PGC will say oh sproul we know you are great hunter 53 years at it BUT you do not go WAYBACK you just do not know how to hunt...Then they say many 4 year olds getting a deer Sproul why cant you .. :evil: I swear its nuts running our things today or they are just good at LYING..Most likely that.. :roll: