2 in NY with Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: 2 in NY with Matrix

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

Look Like Some Good Eats There Congrats :D :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Or should I say double Congratulations!
wabi
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congratulations on your doe and buck
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Nice deer but you did break the 200 pound rule what you were shooting was probably the matrix 330. Yes it is a stupid rule but as Sportsmen and women we should follow the rules no matter how stupid they may be .
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Hunter with MS - Thanks for your concern. I may be a rabble rouser/mischief maker but I am not a law breaker. I knew that I might eventually get the reaction that I did in fact get.

I will email you a picture of my crossbow and you can read the label on the side providing the model # which will indicate that it is legal in NY. That is the way I was told by the DEC that they can check if a bow is legal or not - they will google the model #.

Just private message me your email.

I should add, which is also something that you are probably well aware of, that the draw weight of a recurve crossbow may be much higher than a compound crossbow, yet the fps is much slower. So there are many more compound Xbows sold in NY than Excaliburs because of this; something that Excalibur should address in changing the draw weight limitation to a fps limitation instead.

NY does have many stupid rules and I do abide by them rather than move to some state that may be more stupid (hard to imagine) such as MA or NJ. Again, a discussion for another day and thread.

Best of luck for the rest of your hunting season.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

First off . Congratulations on some fine table fare . :)
I know the Matrix you are referring to . It is one that Excalibur made expressly for the restricted states . We refer to it as the New York bow .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Yes, that would be the 310

Too bad about the draw weight thing, there are many 380s and 405s that I see hanging up, collecting dust with the string deeply embedded in the bumpers,every time I go into Dicks Sporting Goods or Field and Stream. I doubt that anyone will buy these until the regs change. As it is now, with the newer Excalibur models that have since come out last year, these older models may never sell. Again, another discussion for another day.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats very nice!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Sorry I jumped the gun did not think of the 310 . I had a friend ask to borrow my old Exomag 200 but decided to not use it .
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

No problem. Really a shame in NY for hunters and especially Excalibur's business. No way that anyone in this state can use a Micro to hunt with. The regs should be based on FPS, not draw weight if the intent of those making these rules is to limit the power that hunters have available with Xbows. In this state, trying to determine any logic behind some of the rules and regs is impossible, because there is none.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

At least it is not like the state of CT used to be they had a 200 pound limit and an arrow wt. of 450 grain they finally change it . I was working a sport show here in Mass and had a NY hunter come by my booth and stated that a crossbow was the same as a rifle that it can shoot and constantly hit the same spot at 100 plus yards of course it didn't help that PSE had a booth with their crossbow the rep stated that he was grouping 2 inches or less at 100 yards with the xbow . So in their thinking they limit the poundage and that cuts the distance it can fly it is like limiting the rifle caliber you can use which they did not .
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

congrats!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

hunter with MS
The thought that limiting the poundage to limit the flight distance may be the reason.

The other possibility is that the lobbyists for the compound bow companies such as Matthews,Ten Point, Barnett, etc. paid off the politicians in NY that wrote up the crossbow regulations, so as to limit the opportunity for their recurve competition. The state of NY is the most corrupt operation in this country. There is usually some money involved somewhere in the process. Maybe Excalibur is too honest to play the game with the crooks that are running things here in NY.

It's too bad that it has to be that way here, because many people are being denied the chance to use a high quality recurve Xbow to hunt because of the draw weight restriction.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Just be thankful there is crossbows in NY state . There was a time not so long ago that to mention the word crossbow you were considered some kind of very bad person .
There were other states that started with a poundage limit as well . But eventually saw the light and opened up the restriction .
The looks like a gun always makes me smile . Ignorance is bliss .
The crossbow came way before the gun . All the gun is , is a portable cannon strapped to a crossbow stock .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus