Brace height marks.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Butt

Brace height marks.

Post by Butt »

Hi fella's, I work part time at a bow shop ( Boundary Bait & Bow ) and we just received a new shipment of Excals. You probably already know this but they all come in the new Kolorfusion camo. I ordered a new Exocet for myself a few weeks back and it come in the hardwoods camo, really wanted the new camo, anyways the question I have, I noticed they have two brace height lines on the rail, is there a purpose for this or is this just a reference to keep the string between these two lines? :?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Is that all the models Butt or just the Max's :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Butt

Brace height marks.

Post by Butt »

GaryL , thats all models Vixen, Exocet, Exomag and Max.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks BUTT I thought that was only found on the ExoMax.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bj

Post by bj »

are you saying that you have a vixen in kolorfusion?...just checking...

Wayne...
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Not BUTT'in in but his answer was for the two brace height lines on the rails bj :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

It was a foregone conclusion, once the old stock was depleted, the new would replace it. Time will tell if the same will hold true for the other parts.

Maybe it's time to be thinking about upgrading.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

I haven't recieved my bow yet. :cry: But what are the marks for so that when i get it i will know. :shock: I didn't know that the camo would not be the new stuff. :roll:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

gametrail wrote:I haven't recieved my bow yet. :cry: But what are the marks for so that when i get it i will know. :shock: I didn't know that the camo would not be the new stuff. :roll:
The camo could be the new stuff, the marks are for your brace height reference points. On most of mine they only have one line on the rail, one has two red dots, and my 200lb mag has none.

The averg. brace height is 1 1/8 from the riser +/- 1/8" for some. BigBear states his max is set at 1 1/4" which is what I will be starting at.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bj

Post by bj »

GaryL wrote:Not BUTT'in in but his answer was for the two brace height lines on the rails bj :wink:
duh........thanks, Gary...(oh boy, and it's only tuesday :roll: )

***gary l.... seasoned hunter, master gardener (or maybe that''s your wife), excalibur crossbow collector, and part time comedian....nice play on words :wink:
peter p

Post by peter p »

The string has to be kept anywhere inbetween the 2 lines for a correct brace height.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

GaryL wrote:
gametrail wrote:I haven't recieved my bow yet. :cry: But what are the marks for so that when i get it i will know. :shock: I didn't know that the camo would not be the new stuff. :roll:
The camo could be the new stuff, the marks are for your brace height reference points. On most of mine they only have one line on the rail, one has two red dots, and my 200lb mag has none.

The averg. brace height is 1 1/8 from the riser +/- 1/8" for some. BigBear states his max is set at 1 1/4" which is what I will be starting at.
..yup Gary you are right :) ...although i have my brace height on my Vixen set at about 1 1/8"...just for the record...the string on my max was on another bow, that's seen alot of shooting...yah it's a string from bj 8) ...good luck with the max Gary :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I can't speak for the ExoMax, but after several years of experimenting with a Vixen, Exocet, and Exomag, I've found that I get the most accuracy when my string sits just behind and touching the 1" scribe mark. That being the case, having two scribe marks would necessitate having to measure the brace height, hence, I prefer having one scribe mark on the rail. I suppose if I ever decide to get a new Excalibur, I'll have to mark the rail. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Butt

Brace height marks.

Post by Butt »

Hey guys, worked out great . Went to the shop yesterday to sight in broadheads . Met a fella there that wanted to buy an Exocet, so I started putting one of the new ones together(new camo)and told him that he was a lucky guy to get the new camo. His reply was , he didn't care what colour it was as long as it killed deer. Well..... to make a long story short he liked my hardwoods camo on my Exocet and ask if I would be interested in swapping :shock: Back to the previous subject, I called Peter at Excalibur he works in the tec department and he said as long as the string was between the two lines everything would be fine. BJ , they told me that all models come in new camo even the Vixen.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

BUTT they have not got the XIXEN out in the new camo yet per the Excalibur Dude. Chech up a few post.... :(
Always learning!!
Home fer now!