New limbs and riser for Micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jleatherman

New limbs and riser for Micro 335

Post by jleatherman »

Just wanted to give shout out to Excalibur and Drave's Archery for taking care of my warranty issue so fast. They went above and beyond replacing the limbs and riser (an entire new head assembly).
It looks like the new set up has the string sitting further back on the shooting rail when not cocked. I noticed a larger distance between the string and the air brakes. Will the string still hit the air brakes when fired with the larger gap?
Will the speed be effected (slowed down)? I am willing to sacrifice speed as long as it means no more limb breaks. I didn't purchase the micro 335 because of the speed, but because it was in my price range and the compact design and reduced weight compared to my old Excalibur Vortex.
vixenmaster

Re: New limbs and riser for Micro 335

Post by vixenmaster »

I spect yer speed will drop a few. Air brakes are pads out in front of limbs ! You maybe referrin to the bumpers if'en the string is able to hit them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
jleatherman

Post by jleatherman »

Yes, the "bumpers" are what I was referring to. It looks the string is never going to hit them since its sitting so far back. I am planning to sight it back in on Friday and just want to make sure everything looks right.
New Limb Assembly
New Limb Assembly
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

Should adjust your string so it is 1/4 to 3/8 inch off the bumpers. Leave cocked for 24-48 hrs and check again. They ship like that to so when the string stretches during shipping it's not embedded into the bumpers when it gets to you.

Czy_Horse
jleatherman

Post by jleatherman »

Thank you for the tip. I will leave cocked for 24hours and recheck to see if the string stretches and gets closer to the bumpers after I let it down.
I am headed to Arkansas this weekend to hunt where its still gun season, but I am getting the itch to use the Micro to see if I can get one put down with it.