Cutting Down Micro Stock??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shoebuck

Cutting Down Micro Stock??

Post by Shoebuck »

Has anyone tried to take an inch out of the Micro But Stock? My wife has started to hunt with me and the regular length of pull is a little long. Mild weather she is ok but when she puts on heavy clothes she has trouble.
I have been looking at the stock and I think that it would be possible to take an inch out of the straight section at the rear of the butt stock. I think that I can glue it back together and maybe drill and pin after initial gluing.
Has anyone bought a replacement stock for the micro, and if so how much are they? Thanks, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
W.Miguire

Re: Cutting Down Micro Stock??

Post by W.Miguire »

I have done this with a Horton for my daughter and it worked out fine . I used some 3" screws . just think it thru and take your time and predrill your screw holes. good luck .
W.M.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

My son Colton is very small and I cut down an older stock to put on his Micro. I cut the amount out that I wanted to shorten it then glued it back together with Accraglass. Then I mixed Accraglass with micro balloons to make a paste consistency and swept a radius on the joint. Next I masked off about 3/8" and sprayed Rustoleum Truck bed spray on it. It turned out great! I liked it so well that I shortened my Matrix a little bit to fit me betterImageImageImage
It almost makes it look like a recoil pad if you do it right. I have had ZERO problems with it. It is stuck GOOD! And it lets a little kid have much better form than trying to shoot a full size stock.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

flightattendant100 wrote:My son Colton is very small and I cut down an older stock to put on his Micro. I cut the amount out that I wanted to shorten it then glued it back together with Accraglass. Then I mixed Accraglass with micro balloons to make a paste consistency and swept a radius on the joint. Next I masked off about 3/8" and sprayed Rustoleum Truck bed spray on it. It turned out great! I liked it so well that I shortened my Matrix a little bit to fit me betterImageImageImage
It almost makes it look like a recoil pad if you do it right. I have had ZERO problems with it. It is stuck GOOD! And it lets a little kid have much better form than trying to shoot a full size stock.
I saw this stock at Boofest a couple years ago and it looks amazing. You'd swear it was a factory upgrade.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

The Stock does look great, I hope more folks chime in, Anyone know how much a new stock will cost. Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Call Danny Miller!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I think the reason Paul and Colton didn't go to boofest in 2016 was everybody was trying to abscond with Colton's bow (present company included :shock: :lol: )....it not only looked great but shouldered equally as well....Paul you should market this upgrade to wanting forum members! :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

amythntr wrote:.....I think the reason Paul and Colton didn't go to boofest in 2016 was everybody was trying to abscond with Colton's bow (present company included :shock: :lol: )....it not only looked great but shouldered equally as well....Paul you should market this upgrade to wanting forum members! :wink:

It is just an easy job. I think most all forum members can do it themselves. The material that the stocks are made of works easily and glues well. Then it just a matter of covering your tracks with the truck bed spray.( easy peasy as your bud would say) Don't be afraid of this job.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

flightattendant100 wrote:
amythntr wrote:.....I think the reason Paul and Colton didn't go to boofest in 2016 was everybody was trying to abscond with Colton's bow (present company included :shock: :lol: )....it not only looked great but shouldered equally as well....Paul you should market this upgrade to wanting forum members! :wink:

It is just an easy job. I think most all forum members can do it themselves. The material that the stocks are made of works easily and glues well. Then it just a matter of covering your tracks with the truck bed spray.( easy peasy as your bud would say) Don't be afraid of this job.

.....if there is any possible way that a person can find a way to screw up a job...I will find the way! :shock: :oops: :cry:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Well there you go...looks like it can be done and done well at that!!
Nice job on your stocks Paul. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads