about to use matrix 380 first time- three quick questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Karl

about to use matrix 380 first time- three quick questions

Post by Karl »

The factory string is flush up against the rubbers. I am unclear as to whether to twist/adjust brace height for this string type or is it only flemish strings need to do this?

I was going to test the factory diablo with field tips on a rhinhart 18-1 target.

1. Is it okay to use field tips on this target or are they only for broadheads?

2. I don't have Danny millers plier pullers with me right now( or any arrow pullers). At a range in my brothers nearby town and I forgot to bring them. Will I be able to extricate shafts at all by hand or better off cancelling the range trip altogether this time. I was hoping to at least fire a shot or two off to show him, but anyhow.

Thanks.
8ptbuk

Re: about to use matrix 380 first time- three quick question

Post by 8ptbuk »

Karl wrote:The factory string is flush up against the rubbers. I am unclear as to whether to twist/adjust brace height for this string type or is it only flemish strings need to do this?

I was going to test the factory diablo with field tips on a rhinhart 18-1 target.

1. Is it okay to use field tips on this target or are they only for broadheads?

2. I don't have Danny millers plier pullers with me right now( or any arrow pullers). At a range in my brothers nearby town and I forgot to bring them. Will I be able to extricate shafts at all by hand or better off cancelling the range trip altogether this time. I was hoping to at least fire a shot or two off to show him, but anyhow.

Thanks.
Hello Karl , Regardless of string type you need to keep between 1/4 and 5/16 gap between the rubber bumpers and your string. To achieve this gap you'll need to use a stringing aid to remove one end of the string and twist it counter clockwise until you reach your goal . You'll be fine using your target but it will be hard to remove your arrows ! If you don't have your pliers you might can find a rubber jar gripper which will help tremendously ! Good luck and enjoy !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks 8ptbuk I will give it a go then!
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Dang man, you've had that toy for that long and hadn't shot it yet??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

As to removing your arrows from the target, use some arrow lube such as Woody's Arrow Lube or Scorpion Venm. You can find these in any archery shop and probably any of the box stores. You can also try a little silicone spray lube. Spray some onto amicrofiber cloth and wipe ddown your arrow. Last resort is to rub down the shaft with a bar of soap. It's the least effective though.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I use a bar of scent free bar soap and apply it to my bolts before shooting into dense targets it helps a bit on removal.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
artifact

Post by artifact »

After reading about maintaining proper brace height MANY times on here, I keep a constant eye on it and make sure it is at least 1/4" off the bumpers. I had to adjust it more than once with the factory string to keep it there due to the string stretching on my 380.
As stated, get a stringing aid, I even made one for use in the field if needed.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

If you remove the printed graphics from your shafts with acetone and follow up with a silicone or carnuba based car wax you will find your arrows remove easier as the graphics seem to weld the arrow into the target due to heat created by friction as the arrows burrows into the target ( especially foam type targets ) ... I actually only shoot field tips into bag targets as they remove very easily that way.

Brace height is important ... so yes adjust your string shorter by twisting 1 end counter-clockwise to acquire an approximate 1/4" gap between it and the rubber bumpers....
Being a possibly new shooter ? use caution, apply the bows safety immediately after cocking your bow and do not release until right before shooting. Keep all body parts away from the triangle of pain ( between drawn back string and bow limbs )

Gene :wink:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier