The weird bow season ends

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

The weird bow season ends

Post by longbow joe »

Saturday marked the end of our pa bow season lt was a weird year .The rut was really late and short. I
Saw my giant buck l was hunting thanksgiving morning out of range l grunted he looked n kept on walking. I had a couple really nice bucks l passed on . In pa we only get one buck tag and a friend takes me to an awsome unhunted spot for gun season so l hold out. Hes a gun hunter but l will still use the matrix. I used to find lt hard not to shoot a deer by now but now my fear is tagging out early lol. I got doe meat im good. Hang in there lf you didnt connect .l got the day off tomorrow n im gonna be in a stand thats all that matters.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: The weird bow season ends

Post by Doe Master »

Good luck tomorrow .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Hopefully tomorrow is your day!! Good luck!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Flecha

Post by Flecha »

Yeah, weird season in VA too. Too warm , deer active at night and not moving as usual, full moon, late rut...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes you can put this season in the book of ?'s. I have saw 24 deer, i killed 6 so far. My season ends on 1-15-17, but i will stop huntin on the 3rd of Jan. I still have 4 tags to fill if'en i want to. Lookin fer a good Buck, will pass on the smaller one's.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:Saturday marked the end of our pa bow season lt was a weird year .The rut was really late and short. I
Saw my giant buck l was hunting thanksgiving morning out of range l grunted he looked n kept on walking. I had a couple really nice bucks l passed on . In pa we only get one buck tag and a friend takes me to an awsome unhunted spot for gun season so l hold out. Hes a gun hunter but l will still use the matrix. I used to find lt hard not to shoot a deer by now but now my fear is tagging out early lol. I got doe meat im good. Hang in there lf you didnt connect .l got the day off tomorrow n im gonna be in a stand thats all that matters.
Yes rut came in last week and they are still fighting..I saw some Bucks killed with parts of their ears bit off in last few days ..Grunting worked here this year week before last week many big bucks were killed that saturday with grunt and doe bleat....

i saw 9 doe and 2 bucks for 5 weeks of archery hunting about 10 mile area ...I am wore out carrying climber ,getting out of bed at 4 am the after all effort older gent sits on pipeline out walks big buck at 7 am ,bang he gets him yesterday in truck in hour and gone....lol...
yesterday of gun season many big bucks killed more than i have seen in years do to acorns BUT I had bad season in archery just did not see bucks that most got monday ..I was surprised to see such big horns ...
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

after all effort older gent sits on pipeline out walks big buck at 7 am ,bang he gets him yesterday in truck in hour and gone....lol..

i hear you... on opening morning here we were all in our stands at 5:15... neighbor to our west gets to his stand at 7:00. his wife calls him on his cell at 8:30 cuz breakfast is ready. walking in he shoots the 10 we had on cam all fall (the one i had the after hours experience with that i posted about earlier)... it was strolling thru the swamp about to enter the neck that leads past my son's blind.. proof once again that it is better to be lucky than good!
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I admire your patience and ability to hold out for that buck of choice.

I have a great place to hunt but don't get out as much as I'd like so if a deer walks past my tree it's down! I may be a little more patient with my second tag but not much. :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Goose52 wrote:after all effort older gent sits on pipeline out walks big buck at 7 am ,bang he gets him yesterday in truck in hour and gone....lol..

i hear you... on opening morning here we were all in our stands at 5:15... neighbor to our west gets to his stand at 7:00. his wife calls him on his cell at 8:30 cuz breakfast is ready. walking in he shoots the 10 we had on cam all fall (the one i had the after hours experience with that i posted about earlier)... it was strolling thru the swamp about to enter the neck that leads past my son's blind.. proof once again that it is better to be lucky than good!
NOT 1 hunter in our area sitting in treestand first day of gun season got a Buck ..The ones that walked into say clearing that shots were over 100 yards got bucks treestands guys in heavy brush got nothing...

i believe it was do to Rut late here in pa big bucks were out in open more after doe ..Crazy season i see very few bucks because i hunt thick stuff and others seen and got big bucks out in open just sitting on ground in open on pipelines....