Got my accesories today...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mike in indiana

Got my accesories today...

Post by mike in indiana »

I made an order with Borkholder Archery here in Indiana a few days ago, great service and fast shipping, kudos to those folks! just a few have to haves for the Matrix...extra string, a dozen Diablo bolts, rail oil and string wax, stringing aid, and one of the T handle arrow pullers. My brace height was way off on my Matrix but I have it set now, I got quite a bit if initial string stretch but it seems to have stabilized for now. Im sure there will be more tweaking to come on that. looking foward to the weekend so I can get some more time in on the Matrix.
so far Ive only got 10 shots out of it, but more than enough to see the potential.
xcaliber

Re: Got my accesories today...

Post by xcaliber »

You should do real well with the Matrix Models! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

mike in indiana wrote:I made an order with Borkholder Archery here in Indiana a few days ago, great service and fast shipping, kudos to those folks! just a few have to haves for the Matrix...extra string, a dozen Diablo bolts, rail oil and string wax, stringing aid, and one of the T handle arrow pullers. My brace height was way off on my Matrix but I have it set now, I got quite a bit if initial string stretch but it seems to have stabilized for now. Im sure there will be more tweaking to come on that. looking foward to the weekend so I can get some more time in on the Matrix.
so far Ive only got 10 shots out of it, but more than enough to see the potential.

....Mike, if you come back here often...we will be helping you spend lots of money on "must haves" (wants :lol: )...enjoy you new bow and have fun!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mike in indiana

Anthony, Ive already got a couple things in mind...ok maybe 3 or 4 things lol. I have been doing a lot of reading here on the forum, and did a lot of reading online for about a month before deciding on and getting the Matrix 380. It was a big toss up between the Matrix 380 and the Micro 355 for a few weeks.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

mike in indiana wrote:Anthony, Ive already got a couple things in mind...ok maybe 3 or 4 things lol. I have been doing a lot of reading here on the forum, and did a lot of reading online for about a month before deciding on and getting the Matrix 380. It was a big toss up between the Matrix 380 and the Micro 355 for a few weeks.

....I have the 380 out on loan to a friend's son...who's threatened not to give it back (when he gets his Christmas surprise (a 335))....if i had to keep one all around bow it would be the 380 which was the first Excalibur I bought...I might suggest that you look into the Dr Stirrup kit...which many of us on the forum absolutely love...makes cocking, decocking so much easier along with quieting down the bow...all three of mine have the set up on them.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mike in indiana

Yeah I have already read about the Dr Stirrup kit, and plan on getting one to try out.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

mike in indiana wrote:Yeah I have already read about the Dr Stirrup kit, and plan on getting one to try out.
Mike, congrats on the new bow and toys! :D I hope you check your calendar and start making plans to come on up north to Boofest in the summer. I think you'll love it and you'll get to meet many of the good folks here. You'll also get to meet Danny Miller, who is THE crossbow guru and Dr Stirrup himself. Believe me, Dr Stirrup aka Gaston is a sure source of entertainment....but if asked, do not peel the orange! :mrgreen:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sounds like you're all set up and good to go now! Enjoy. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
mike in indiana

I will do my best to remember the orange thing if i can make it, im sure i will find out more on that later lol.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

One thing for sure , If your not careful you will spend $$$$ on things you might not really need .. IMO ..
mike in indiana

rein1 wrote:One thing for sure , If your not careful you will spend $$$$ on things you might not really need .. IMO ..
Hoping to avoid that...I reallylike the simplicity of the Matrix and would like to keep it that way, adding only what will actualy improve performance or useability...simple is good, i like simple.