Boltcutter vs Slick Tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

Boltcutter vs Slick Tricks

Post by Troubleshooter »

Shooting accurate on large(r) distances... most people will say Slick Trick is the better broadhead here.

Personally, I wonder which broadhead is more accurate at large(r) distances, because:

- both are fixed broadheads with a small diameter.
- both have the same kind of shape (triangular with a hole in the blades)
- the boltcutter (3 blades) can line up with the (3) vanes, which should improve accuracy
- the boltcutter has more weight, which should improve accuracy

Are there some people here on this forum who has made a good comparison with them or has a lot of experience with both broadheads?
Last edited by Troubleshooter on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xcaliber

Re: Boltcutter vs Slick Tricks

Post by xcaliber »

Most folks switch because of cost, and availability, period! Bolcutters have harvested a lot of game from all corners of the globe, you cannot go wrong either way.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
fratri

Post by fratri »

You would need to shoot them out of your own bow to find that (best accuracy) out....
"Everthing is easy when you know how"
"Food is not grown in stores"
Fratri
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Personally for me the Boltcutters made the cut this season over the Slick Tricks. I was biased towards the Slick Tricks and wanted to use them , but head to head ( for whatever reason) the Boltcutters found their mark more often out of my Matrix 350. I concur the 4 blades on the Slick Tricks would make a better wound channel but that wouldn't matter if I couldn't hit my mark with them. Others will disagree and be biased towards the Slick Tricks, and that's OK ,( that's why I bought them In the first place, with all the positive reviews ) . To each his own.just my two cents.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I have to go with the slick tricks they are 4 blade and are available up to 150 grains if you like .
The extra over all cut is a good thing as long as it is accurate, they are, and you have the power for a pass through , I hunt white tails and pass through shots are no problem with my Equinox and i get shot to shot consistency with them
I always sight in and practice with broad heads shooting into a covered sand pile with designated practice broad heads, I buy a few extra heads our use a head that has all ready harvested a deer and make it a practice head.
I do not hunt with field points so i do not sight in with them.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.