Another Ramcat question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Another Ramcat question

Post by newbie »

acreek wrote:Whenever someone says they saw a broadhead perform horribly or witnessed the blades bending at the touch of a tissue, I wonder where that particular package of heads was bought. Because if it was bought off eBay or Amazon there is a good chance they bought Chinese fakes that won't perform as good as the originals.

I have shot 100 grain Ramcats successfully and found them to be both accurate and durable. I shot my 2016 buck with a Ramcat. The head passed through the ribs and stuck in the ground 6-8 inches deep. It was only an 18 yard shot so there was a good bit of speed at impact (deer and the ground). After cleaning the head up and working it with my sharpening stone, one can't tell that head apart from any of the others in the quiver.
Just to clear the air for you about Pauls broadheads.... he got them from me in an unopened package. I had them about a year bought from a member on another forum.
As i am sceptical about knockoffs i emailed the company with pictures and these were verified undoubtedly as the real deal. Their CS department is fantastic as well, fast quick friendly responses to my concerns.
I was going to use them but i just couldnt see how those blades would not bend if they met any kind of bone. They look flimsy and i never opened the package.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Here is a pic of my RamCat after passing completely through a 2 1/2 yr old bison. Went straight through 1 rib, which was probably 1" wide and 1/2" thick or even larger.

You can see that this BH looks to be in pretty good shape. Could it be that the blade being able to flex a bit helps with penetration? The blades' job is to cut tissue. The ferrules' job is to smash bone. In any case, this BH performed well and as I said went completely through a bison. I probably could have shot this head again as is with no ill effects on POI, but of course I changed out that blade.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

Is that an 1 1/2 or 1 3/8 that you killed that bison with ? By the way congrats on taking that big boy must have been exciting..
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Thanks! It is the 1 1/2" 125gr. It did a great job on that bison.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Micro.slayer

Post by Micro.slayer »

If a Ramcat took a Bison down. Well I'm sold
kjl

Post by kjl »

They ll go through an animal and stick into the ground with seemingly very little damage but the tips will bend so easily putting or removing them from a quiver.
I still love them , fly like darts and are super sharp with a huge cut, awesome blood trail.
micro suppressor
Ramcat broadheads 125 grain
.001 Black eagle zombie slayers 16.5 "
110 grain inserts, blazer vanes and lumenocks