Won a new crossbow...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Won a new crossbow...

Post by georgiaboy »

I went to my company's Christmas party last night and won a new crossbow in a drawing!! :D
It's a Barnett...does that count as a crossbow :?: :mrgreen: :lol:
It's the Barnett raptor 150lb/330fps with the accessory kit,rope cocker,quiver and three carbon arrows plus scope.
I haven't shot a crossbow with wheels in over ten years but I figured what the heck got nothing to lose. :)
I finally got a good zero on it at 20yds ( scope is junk ) but it shot 2" high at 30/40yds :? There is no speed ring so that may have something to do with it. The stock arrows are crap, one wouldn't hit a barn if you were in it. :roll:
It's advertised at 330fps with a 400gr arrow and a three shot group on the chrony averaged 331fps.
The good...easy to cock, decent trigger and fast.
The bad...it's a Barnett, it's a Barnett and it's a Barnett. :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think I will put my varizone scope on it and buy some better arrows and see what she will do then. Might even take it to the turkey woods :wink:
Any suggestions on some better arrow for this rig that won't break the bank ?
Just can't see spending the jack on BEE's or Spynal taps for a Barnett. :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Arrowflinger

Re: Won a new crossbow...

Post by Arrowflinger »

My first crossbow was that Barnett raptor . Wife bought it as a present couple of years ago . Liked shootin it a lot and knew there had to be something better out there. Started researching and lurking on this forum and got me a Matrix 350 earlier this year.love it . Poor ol raptors been in case ever since. 8)
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Arrowflinger wrote:My first crossbow was that Barnett raptor . Wife bought it as a present couple of years ago . Liked shootin it a lot and knew there had to be something better out there. Started researching and lurking on this forum and got me a Matrix 350 earlier this year.love it . Poor ol raptors been in case ever since. 8)
I have the 350LE also 8) 8)
No way in hell it's replacing one of my excal's !!! :shock:
But I'm into it nada...so why not see how accurate I can get this thing. :)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

My accuracy was pretty bad . Always missing target at 50 - 60 yds . Losing arrows and destroying fletching on stock Easton arrows. Got pretty good at refletching them . Accuracy with the 350 is day and nite . May have missed the target once in nearly a thousand shots ( really) raptor will stay in its case
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
wapster

Post by wapster »

If your serious about seeing how good that Barnett will shoot.....you gotta spend the jack.lol

Might as well drop coin and get it over with...besides...the bow was free.

Its ALL about the arrows !
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Sell it.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

I would put new strings and cables on it. Those bows were known for popping the stings and cables as they are crap from the factory. I would order a set from 60X and have them put on and then I would feel safe enough to shoot it. Just what I have seen on other forums...
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats on the prize, I have no experience with them but they have been around awhile. Might be best to sell it new, especially if it's just a toy that you would never really use.
Good luck with your decision.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congrats on the win. I'm in agreement on selling it as new. Whatever you can get for it can go to accessories, arrows, etc for your bow...or towards a second Excalibur as a backup. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Naaawwwww, you didn't win a crossbow..... You won a Barnett! :lol: :lol: :lol: