Micro 355 broadhead suggestions?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: Micro 355 broadhead suggestions?????

Post by sproulman »

drkeenan wrote:
sproulman wrote:I use Spitfire 100 gr mech heads but have for longtime for deer ...
^^^ This. I just purchased the Crossbow version to be safe but never had issues with the regular 100 gn Spitfires. In addition to the Micro 355 I've shot them from a Micro 335, Matrix 330, Exomax and a friends Horton compound crossbows. Worked perfectly each and every time!!
If you have non crossbow Spitfire heads just use dental band on them to help keep blades closed ...
lred

Post by lred »

Wacem 3 blade expandable...
schott

Post by schott »

paulaboutform wrote:My #1 recommendation is the 100gr Toxic Broadhead. However, keep in mind you should have an arrow with a 92gr or 110gr brass insert if you're shooting a 100gr broadhead. I'm suggesting the 100gr Toxic because I find it to out penetrate and offer better accuracy than the larger 125gr head. The wound channel and blood loss caused is nothing short of amazing. Out of at least a dozen animals most died inside of 40yards, a few made it 50yards and one deer ran 60yards. The 60yards recovery was a high lung hit.

Paul
just wondering, do they tear up your broadhead target I've read that they do a job on targets