Nufletch Ignitor Issue with Firebolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DeepSouthHunter

Nufletch Ignitor Issue with Firebolts

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

I bought a pack of the Nufletch Ignitor lighted crossbow nocks a while back and finally got around to installing them on my Excalibur Firebolts about a week ago. I've only had a small window of opportunity to shoot with them to check POI but 2 of the 3 light sticks do not light up when shot. They will power on if I manually push the light tip down with the stick out of the nock but for some reason will not when shot. The one worked perfectly every time the few times I shot it so I'm confident I'm using them correctly. I'm not sure if the light sticks are defective since technically they work so I'm puzzled on what to do. I do plan to contact Nufletch for advice but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone has had or heard of this issue.
Exocet 200 with "THE RIGHT STUFF" STANDARD PACKAGE
nchunterkw

Re: Nufletch Ignitor Issue with Firebolts

Post by nchunterkw »

I saw that on a few that I bought as well. Try swapping the light stick and nock around to see if that helps. It seems to me like the nocks get made and there is a small "bubble" inside that sometimes allows the light stick to push up into that rather than get turned on. If you put something small inside the nock to take up that space they will work correctly. But yes, I would contact them as well.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
DeepSouthHunter

nchunterkw wrote:I saw that on a few that I bought as well. Try swapping the light stick and nock around to see if that helps. It seems to me like the nocks get made and there is a small "bubble" inside that sometimes allows the light stick to push up into that rather than get turned on. If you put something small inside the nock to take up that space they will work correctly. But yes, I would contact them as well.
Thank you for the reply. I actually thought about trying to shim it a little with some aluminum foil or something but just haven't had the time to mess with them anymore. What you say about the nock kind of confirms my suspicion as well.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Also, while assembled in the arrow, push hard on the back of the plastic to see if it activates the light stick, if not, you can sand the length down carefully on a flat surface to increase the contact area when pressed. This would be the smaller diameter face. It comes off fast on 120 grit, try it after like 4 swipes! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:Also, while assembled in the arrow, push hard on the back of the plastic to see if it activates the light stick, if not, you can sand the length down carefully on a flat surface to increase the contact area when pressed. This would be the smaller diameter face. It comes off fast on 120 grit, try it after like 4 swipes! :wink:
I've done this too with mixed success. On my "trouble" ones it was like there was a small diameter hole up in the nock left behind from a bubble or something so the plastic could never get a good push on the light stick. You can see that bubble I'm talking about in most nocks. Must have something to do with the way they are molded.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
DeepSouthHunter

Thanks for the additional tip of sanding down the nock. I sent Nufletch an email this morning so I'm waiting to see what they recommend before I do anything else with them.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I think some of the battery/bulbs are just "Glitchy".

As easy as they are to turn on and off...I am surprised at how well they do stand up to being tuned on by a M380 hammer :lol:
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Nufletch just brought them out on a "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE" promotion this AM. :D 8)

I like them to the point that I quickly ordered two / 3 pacs of Green flat nocks for ( the green ones commonly stay lit for up to 45 hours ) for $32.44 which includes aprox $5 in shipping costs.

I would note the price has went up since I last ordered to $26.99 for a 3/pack from the $20 they cost last time I ordered. But since I got 6 for that price, I'm stoked. :D

I forgot.... too make this offer happen, you need to order in multiplres of 2 , and use promo code "BOGOIGNITORS" in the promotion box... it will adjust price showing the savings before order is completed. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

DeepSouthHunter wrote:Thanks for the additional tip of sanding down the nock. I sent Nufletch an email this morning so I'm waiting to see what they recommend before I do anything else with them.
And I would not sand down your nock! The aluminium is machined on a CNC,,,probly the best/squarest foundation we have to work with...And it is basically what you buy....all other parts of the nock are accessories!

..........but a little pinch of aluminium foil, dropped down the insert, seems to help some of the battery/light sticks work better.

Here is a strange picture of an Ignitor ...en-route for a 115 yard target..
This was a Glitchy light and you can see spaces in the photo where the light was blinking...pretty cool huh?? :)
DeepSouthHunter

Upon further inspection it looks like I have one glitchy light stick and one clear flat plastic nock insert that is too tall to seat all the way at the shot to activate the stick. So by switching components around I now have 2 working nocks, but still not all 3. Still have not heard back from the company.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Take a piece on fine sand paper or emory cloth and "evenly" and "slowly" remove a bit of the plastic ( again, evenly ) around the removable portion of the nock that goes down into the insert.
You are adjusting it while doing this procedure, to slide all of the way down BUT with some resistance near the very end... This will allow the force of the string ( after trigger is pulled ) to move it that final fraction to cause it to make contact and light up, while still having sufficient friction the keep it in place before a shot is taken or from loosing that portion of the nock while in your quiver...

When adjusted correctly, all works well and you can still pop it out after recovery to re-move it allowing you to turn the lighted portion off by slightly pulling on the actual light as you retain hold on the battery portion... careful as you only exert pressure until the light goes OFF.... BTW, don't drop it while doing this as if not still lit, it can be very hard to find out in the field. :roll:

Then re-insert the battery and clear portion of the nock while leaving it protruding enough just before bottoming out to keep the light from comming back on.

Real simple and easy after all of your nocks the are adjusted and you have went thru the shooting process with them a couple times.

A process many include, :wink: is to stick the Aluminum portion ( insert) in the shaft with a layer or 2 of plastic around it ( thin like in a sandwich baggy ) as you insert it into the shaft.... ( You may need to use a "Twisting Motion" as you do this )

This makes it "tight" so it does not move, nor pull out, during normal use, but it can still be removed without heating your shaft, to insert the whole unit into a different shaft if you decide you want it in a new or different arrow in the future.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier