Heated Insoles

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Heated Insoles

Post by ko4nrbs »

The Warmspace heated insoles work well for me. It's important that people understand it will not warm your feet up in extreme cold like it would while sitting in your recliner at home. What it will do is take the bite out of the cold and leave you with comfortable feet instead of numb toes.
https://www.bambuzo.com/us/warmspace-li ... tdoor.html

This will Void your Warranty!!
I needed more battery capacity because I use them while deer hunting in remote areas. It was an easy task to cut the battery wires so I could use the connector to connect the new holder to the insoles. Double checked POLARITY before I cut the wires so I knew which wire was + (Positive).

This is the Protected 18650 holder I use for Unprotected 18650 cells. Connects all four cells in Parallel.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/100 ... li-ion-pcm

If using Protected 18650 cells you can use the Unprotected holder. Connects all four cells in Parallel.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1009/10002233/1290003

Now I can enjoy warmer feet for several hours just by using up to four 18650 high capacity cells.

Note: I don't walk around with my insoles. I install them when I am sitting down to hunt.

The insoles work better for me if not put into tight fitting boots. I use a pair of boot covers with DRY socks.
https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Arctic-Shie ... oot+covers

I then slip the insole into an oversize sock that will comfortably fit over my regular socks. This keeps the insole in contact with your feet and provides a little extra insulation. I poke a hole in the Oversize sock so I can run the insole's wire out to the battery holder. It all fits well in my Boot Covers with no discomfort. In addition it's a good idea to use a piece of foam rubber or ?? to insulate your boot covers from the ground or Tree Stand platform. It does help!!

Sound like a lot of trouble for warm feet?? I don't think so!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
ko4nrbs

Re: Heated Insoles

Post by ko4nrbs »

Been using the heated insoles in my Ground Blind at the 3.5 acre place. Temps in the low 20's and my feet stay warm for the 6 hours I'm out there. I use three 18650 cells connected in parallel at about 2500 maH for each cell. After 6 hours on time the insoles are still warm.

A good substitute for the oversize socks I recommended is Bedroom Slippers. You don't have to poke a hole in them and they fit in the boot covers fine.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Aline- ... r/44424185

I use a piece of thick carpet to insulate my feet from the ground. Works very well.

I find myself willing to stay for longer sits if I can keep my feet from getting too cold. Numb toes just don't work for me!!
Bill
Last edited by ko4nrbs on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Hotronics makes one of best heated insoles out there. Thermacell units not even close to these.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Hunt it wrote:Hotronics makes one of best heated insoles out there. Thermacell units not even close to these.
I was looking for a suitable heated insole that wasn't so expensive. The Warmspace work well for me at a much lower cost. Granted they may not be as good as Hotronics in the long run but so far have worked out well for me.
Thanks,
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Do not buy Thermacell. I am returning mine to Cabelas after testing them. Run time is about 2 hours and the heating element is located at the ball of your feet, which is not good as you need the heat nearer to your toes.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I used to have thermacell but was not 100% happy. Now I have the baffin titan -100deg boot and never have cold feet which I used to get quite often. its like wearing fluffy huggy pillows :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

The artic shield boot blankets (the real puffy ones) paired with the chemical hand/foot warmers put inside a good pair of insulated boots works better than anything for me. It's good to have boots that are a little loose as the heat packs need oxygen to work.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have the thermocells and love them.

Used and abused mine for miles and years before they wouldn't hold a charge anymore. Thermocell replaced them for free.... even after I confessed to years of hard use.

They make any boot into a winter boot. Love the remote control which allows me to amp it up when I need it- and turn it off when I don't.

No complaints from me at all.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.