Pets that watch tv

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Pets that watch tv

Post by munch »

Don't know if I have the only one but I have a jack russel that watches TV and not just a look he will watch the whole program if it's hunting , he starts the shake when the music gets tense before a deer gets arrowed then goes crazy when the deer donkey kicks . Last night he was curled up with me between my iPad and me watching bear hunting . He could not stop shaking when the guy finally shot the bear it ran off the top of my screen , Riley jumped up and ran behind the iPad looking for the bear then can around to the screen side and lifted it up with his nose to see if the bear was hiding under it , I laughed for an hour . Would love to take him hunting but think he would jump out of the tree or start barking when he saw a bear . Still may try the video would be priceless
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
mr meat

Re: Pets that watch tv

Post by mr meat »

That's to funny!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
rayman

Post by rayman »

None of our dogs have ever really watched TV, but if I was watching Predator Nation or any show in which they were doing a rabbit, mouse, or puppy distress type of call my old cur would get all jumpy and run over and start looking all around behind the TV.
munch

Post by munch »

rayman wrote:None of our dogs have ever really watched TV, but if I was watching Predator Nation or any show in which they were doing a rabbit, mouse, or puppy distress type of call my old cur would get all jumpy and run over and start looking all around behind the TV.
We have 3 jacks and if I practice turkey calling or use a moose squeaker in the house the place explodes they climb the walls . The one that watches tv is crazy for tree rats and they hide in a pear tree in the back yard . There will be 4 weeks every year that the pears fall off the tree and he spends the best part of most days barking at the tree thinking the squerral is up there when another pear falls
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Terry, I love your dog.....not even having met him! :lol: I was hunting Texas years ago and the ranch owner was showing me some home video of them penning up hogs caught in live traps. Jake, his Jack Russell, was so keened on the tv screen he was literally vibrating. I swear if I pushed him over with one finger he'd of shattered like glass on the floor! ....I'm loving your dog! :mrgreen: :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Terry, we have a parrot and I don't dare use a turkey call in the house or watch a turkey hunting show . she will drive you nuts. and yes I had a dog that would chase a dog around the back of the set. we laughed for hours good times. :lol:
W.M.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like a great pooch. Our last dog was a West Highland Terrier, and he would watch hunting shows with me. He would go crazy when we grunted, or opened doe pee in the garage.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

My parents have a small dog that goes nuts any time another dog appears on TV. He even recognizes the music from certain commercials with dogs in them. He'll hear the music then run into the room so he can bark at the dog when it appears. :lol:
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

munch wrote:Don't know if I have the only one but I have a jack russel that watches TV and not just a look he will watch the whole program if it's hunting , he starts the shake when the music gets tense before a deer gets arrowed then goes crazy when the deer donkey kicks . Last night he was curled up with me between my iPad and me watching bear hunting . He could not stop shaking when the guy finally shot the bear it ran off the top of my screen , Riley jumped up and ran behind the iPad looking for the bear then can around to the screen side and lifted it up with his nose to see if the bear was hiding under it , I laughed for an hour . Would love to take him hunting but think he would jump out of the tree or start barking when he saw a bear . Still may try the video would be priceless

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Priceless

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Our dog Jake would watch the hunting shows and when the deer or bear would be on it, he would attack the TV screen!!!! And even go behind the TV to look for it!!! Miss the crazy old dog.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

That's too funny!!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Funny you say that Mr. Munch. I have a Beagle/Jack Russel that watchs TV. He is my high flier and jumps around from furniture to furniture. Mine watchs mostly commercials and hockey games. He follows the puck around. My favorite commercial is the security one with "Ned - the bloodhound". Same manorisms as my bloodhound. :wink:
Big John

Post by Big John »

My Girl Cali is a Bird dog. Trained for Geese mostly.
Whenever Wild TV is on and a Goose Hunting show comes on she locks onto the TV the whole time the calling is happening!!! :D Hunter not as much, but He's getting there! Whenever we go out I have to leave the TV on tuned to Wild TV or they stare at me intently, like their hypnotizing me or something! :shock: :lol:
Freakin Love Labs!!!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
taz3

Post by taz3 »

My dog will stop to watch big cats on tv, we've always found it hilarious when he perks up to watch them. He has stop to watch other large game as well, but large cats seem to be his favourite.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

I have a great picture of my cat watching a hockey game but I doubt I can figure out how to post it. After reading all the problems people have posting. I once tried to load photos from my phone to the computer and ended up loading about 30 thousand pictures from who knows where.