Spitfire XXX

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

Spitfire XXX

Post by Sloppy Does »

You folks that have killed deer with a Spitfire XXX any problems with penetration with that big two inch head? Did you get a pass thru? I hunt with the micro 355 and 386 gr. zombies just curious what your experience was with them.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
DuckHunt

Re: Spitfire XXX

Post by DuckHunt »

I did NOT get a pass through using the Spitfire XXX out of my Micro 335. I had an additional band on it as insurance to prevent a premature opening. My arrow is also a bit on the light side at ~378 grains. I'm not knocking the performance at all though. My lack of pass through may have had as much to do with hitting the shoulder on the opposite side. The head came to rest just under the skin after passing through the opposite shoulder. Just a tad more power or arrow weight would have probably passed through. My shot was ~30 yards.

Even without a pass through, the buck only went about 75 yards and there was plenty of blood to follow.

I have more, and I'll use them with confidence.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Have not used them but I am a big fan of NAP broadheads. The one I use and like is the Spitfire Max 125 grain and Quill arrows with Lumenoks. I have many pass thru's. When you run out of the ones you have pick a pack up. Try getting them from Dicks Sporting Goods you get 4 for the price of 3 any where else.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have killed so many deer with the regular size spit i see no need for more cut. You simply dont need it. I do use the xxx for turkey it puts em down in a hurry with a body shot. I have killed turkey and had full expansion with a xxx out of my slow 265 fps vixen 2 l wouldnt use the vixen with the xxx for deer. I have used the xxx out of my micro and 355 with full deployment as said l dont think the extra cut is needed
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:I have killed so many deer with the regular size spit i see no need for more cut. You simply dont need it. I do use the xxx for turkey it puts em down in a hurry with a body shot. I have killed turkey and had full expansion with a xxx out of my slow 265 fps vixen 2 l wouldnt use the vixen with the xxx for deer. I have used the xxx out of my micro and 355 with full deployment as said l dont think the extra cut is needed
I agree with you ..Regular Spitfire shoots great and works and is always gone at wal-mart and not cheapest on price on points..
been using them for 20 years still have pack from 1996 ..

I think the TOXIC points are neat,so far but this is not topic here..