2017 Micro Suppressor?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Timmypo1

Re: 2017 Micro Suppressor?

Post by Timmypo1 »

I don't have the micro suppressor, but I do have the micro 355 which is close enough to tell you you'll love it! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with reasons for switching. Love to shoot 3D and love my vertical bows, but had a pretty bad arm injury in late summer that I'm still dealing with... killed a good buck and 2 doe with the micro this season and loved every minute of it! I did have a Parker tornado for a brief time several years ago that I wasn't all that fond of, other than that it's been Mathews and Elites. I just like the simplicity and easy to work on nature of excaliburs. Like you, I've always been turned away by the wide stance, but the micro form completely fixed that. Great shooting little bow, awesome to hunt with!
Micro 355
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

I'm really enjoying my new Suppressor, it feels good, balances well and is just about as quiet as an Excalibur can get.
The Suppressor is noticeably harder to cock than my Matrix bows, but I use a C2 crank to make repetitive target shooting fun :D instead of a work out.
Shooting a BE Zombie/Bolt Cutter combination of about 443 grains, the speed dial on the scope is sitting at ~320 fps. (no chronograph, new Flemish string without String Leeches).
The Suppressors have been in shops here in Ontario, Canada for about a month. I traded in an 8 month old Micro 335 on the Suppressor a week after I made the mistake of touching and shooting the Suppressor in my local shop :oops: .
My only real dislike is the stirrup, it's not totally dipped :( and I'm not a fan of the new quiver style. BUT with that said, I would be all over another Suppressor :shock: if Excalibur came out with one all dressed out in Realtree AP Snow :mrgreen: .

Czy_Horse
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't have the Suppressor, i do have a 350SE Matrix n a 335 Micro. I live jus out from Pottersville, Mo. If'en yer close enuff yer welcome to come over n shoot them.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

If you ere ever around DOE RUN, stop by and say hello to Wayne Seguin.

Dave
Long Lane Mo. :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

I own a Suppressor and love it. The size of this bow is a dream in a blind or on a stand. I don't have a problem cocking it but some do. I believe it being shorter aids in the cocking effort. Me being 5'10" I believe helps me over the taller guys. I killed a really nice 8pt with mine. I put a Vortex red dot on it and its really top notch hunting bow. It is quiet for an Excal.
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]