Grim Reaper Fatal Steel

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jason D

Grim Reaper Fatal Steel

Post by Jason D »

Picked up A pack of 125 grain reapers have never hunted with Grim Reaper's before and was wondering if anybody else had any luck with this particular broadhead it's supposed to be solid steel it looks to be very well-built and very sharp! Thanks!
BullDog 400
Hawke XB30 Pro SR
18" Diablo
125gr NAP KIllzone
125gr Grim Reaper Fatal Steel
vixenmaster

Re: Grim Reaper Fatal Steel

Post by vixenmaster »

I have a pak of Grim Reapers, but have not even tried them yet. I am still tryin to use up all the other junk i bought :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

I killed a 10 pt and a 133 lbs doe with the Fatal steel in 2014 from my compound bow.My opinion is they are junk like the other Reaper mechanical heads,but they did their job.Lots of better options for mechs then the Reapers....jmo....
Libtards make me sick, and I don't take orders from a forum rat who needs to go to a safe place. Get used to Conservative Right wing hard working Canadians telling you liberals to F off!!!!! :wave:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....bought Grim Reapers once....opened up the package...everything fell apart in my hands...filed them away immediately in the garbage and would never even think about trying them again!

....NAP is pretty much my brand...Spitfires & FOC's if you are of the "mechanical" persuasion.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
kman35ca

Post by kman35ca »

I had great luck with just the Normal GR 125g broad head. They shot just like my field points and I took a big buck with them. He only made it 50 yards and was down. Double lung shot. And it was actually a stupid shot to take. First year hunting with a crossbow and my nerves got the best of me. I took a quartering to shot. Hit him right infront of the shoulder and it exited just behind the ribs. It wasn't a smart shot to take. But at the same time I had him perfectly ranged and at 30 yards I knew I would hit where I aimed. Idk, seems like such varied opinions from many ppl. I know a top class archer that won't use anything but GR. And compared to other BH they seem extremely well built. To each their own I guess.
Matrix 380
Pretty stock, for now.....
First crossbow

Post by newbie »

ive used whitetail specials and the 1 1/2" cut. work fantastic if you use them correct.
The fatal steel impressed me when i saw them at the ATA. Really like the all steel design.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
ralph 72

Post by ralph 72 »

I used a 125 grain Grimm Reaper X-Bow broad head with a 1 1/2" cut out of my Micro 355, and it did a very good job on a 125 lb doe , I blew through both shoulders at 30 yards and still stuck in the ground 3 inches.
figam

Post by figam »

I like the 125 grain Xbow bh. Flies like a field pt. Took a 154" buck at 56 yds, a doe at 58 yds., and another doe at 45 yds. All down within 60 yds. Shooting an exocet 200, 412 grain bolt, leupold 2x7 scope and dial site(can't remember name). Used to use boltcutters but had problems with little or no blood trail. Also use spitfires.
Steve Gardner
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

They have changed that cup thing that used to fall off. I just got some razortip 100 grain crossbow 1973#. They had the new snap cup. If you unscrew them from the arrow, everything stays in place. I got them from cabelaa online
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

mchurch wrote:They have changed that cup thing that used to fall off. I just got some razortip 100 grain crossbow 1973#. They had the new snap cup. If you unscrew them from the arrow, everything stays in place. I got them from cabelaa online
....no thank you....I will stick to my Spitfires and other NAP products!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings