Buckshot Treestands

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Buckshot Treestands

Post by xcaliber »

As some here know Equalizer Treestands was bust a few years ago. Buckshot Treestands bought them, and finally are selling the original Equalizer Treestand again. This stand is decent in weight, bites trees very well, and has the ability to readjust to level without unhooking anything. It is a comfortable stand, and very safe.
Glad to see them back!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
agingcrossbower

Re: Buckshot Treestands

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yup, I just got an email on that to. Great stand. :D
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have the equalizer and it's a great no non-sense stand...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

never heard of em.......just looked em up they look sturdy. I still use an old climber with an atached seat and "hug" the tree . I have some original bakers that i fortified the platform with thicker stronger wood one that i bought in 1982 in 11th grade still killin deer ........and my arms. I rarley go over 12 ft lbj is a tree huggin low climbin kinda guy.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
munch

Post by munch »

Dan off topic but chuck from West Virginia called me the other night can't understand how I would know so many people lol I guess getting olds not that bad . Kids are amazed we can be a hundred miles from home and people walk over to say hello
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks Terry, he called me yesterday.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I tried one a few years ago did not like seat and rail its too high i like seat DOWN inside that rail so I can use rail to lay my bow on ready to shoot and it acts like rest.. .I guess the level floor is nice but I never had problem on my Summit you learn how much tilt to use from practice on trees but that stand you can climb level from start not tilted ...

Only 1 stand out of all made I can use to sit from daylight to dark is SUMMITS I tried them all ..Lone Wolfs have uncomfortable seat but beat Summits on your back carrying them ..The belts are dangerous on red oaks they twist while climbing scary in dark while climbing ...

lucky i have 19 in our camp and we get to try all kinds of stands everytime new one comes out one of our members will buy it and then sell it ..They love seats and rail on Summits but hate the weight ..

did not know they stopped selling them .....
VAhuntr

Post by VAhuntr »

I like the Equalizer stands but do worry about reliability of the plastic gears inside the leveling mechanism.

If you like the Equalizer stand you might want to check out the Higher Level series of stands from Buckhorn Outdoors. From my understanding both the Higher Level and the Equalizer are made in the same factory (Taiwan) but the Higher Level uses an "improved" leveling system.

I really enjoy my Summit Goliath but I'm really considering adding a Higher Level stand to my arsenal. I'm hoping they will be at the Dixie Deer Classic the coming year in Raleigh,NC.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm around 215# depending on what time of day I get weighed, LOL. I've had mine since 2007, and have the original gears in it. I also use a sling style seat so I have rails to keep me inside of the top section in case I doze off, which I do often.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:I'm around 215# depending on what time of day I get weighed, LOL. I've had mine since 2007, and have the original gears in it. I also use a sling style seat so I have rails to keep me inside of the top section in case I doze off, which I do often.
there you go YOU MADE STAND better WITH SLING SEAT...I fall asleep a lot in my Summit and if not for sling seat/rail I would not use stand...
leveling is nice idea from start at bottom of tree ..

on my summit 180 max my sling seat is what i use to climb so no way of sitting on rail and falling over backwards..
now if i can just use harness I DONT ,i did but i feel so safe in my summit i do not use it climbing etc or while standing my rail keeps me inside..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

VAhuntr wrote:I like the Equalizer stands but do worry about reliability of the plastic gears inside the leveling mechanism.

If you like the Equalizer stand you might want to check out the Higher Level series of stands from Buckhorn Outdoors. From my understanding both the Higher Level and the Equalizer are made in the same factory (Taiwan) but the Higher Level uses an "improved" leveling system.

I really enjoy my Summit Goliath but I'm really considering adding a Higher Level stand to my arsenal. I'm hoping they will be at the Dixie Deer Classic the coming year in Raleigh,NC.
Goliath in my opinion is best stand in summit BUT i like 180 max because i like to face tree in gun season and i only get up 12 ft in gun and it hides me more and I can put gun on tree if needed..
VAhuntr

Post by VAhuntr »

xcaliber wrote:I'm around 215# depending on what time of day I get weighed, LOL. I've had mine since 2007, and have the original gears in it. I also use a sling style seat so I have rails to keep me inside of the top section in case I doze off, which I do often.
That is good to hear. I'm not sure what they changed on the Higher Level series stands but I think it is the way the cable adjusts on the stand. My concern is the use of plastic in the gear system on both stands.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I have a couple Super Mag Extreme stands. They're identical to the Buckshot climber. I think they went out of business. Absolutely the most comfortable climber I ever sat in. You can do some serious sleeping in one for sure. Glad to know about the Buckshot brand. I may order a couple more for next season.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Good to hear! I just wish someone would bring the Timbertall stands back,, the most comfortable I have ever sat in and has the same benefit of releveling without cutting it loose, but with the Timbertall you get a seat hung off the rail around you, like a siting ion a hammock down inside the top with a railing all the way around so you can't fall out when you doze of for a power nap,,,, :wink: and absolutely no bolted on anything, solid 100% welded one piece top and foot platforms. With a 350 pound rating at only 17 pounds with the padded seat and backrest included, 23x29" roomy top and 21x29 foot platform.

Luckily since I have the Super Brute, I doubt I ever need another, but I never like loosing any options when top notch equipment is involved.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Fatboy111

Post by Fatboy111 »

Equalizer is back up and running. Spoke with Bill the other day. Equalizer has better quality than the Buckshot brand. We have several and have zero issues with them. The plastic gears will strip if you crank with weight on the stand, but this has been a non issue for us. Parts are available. I have used them since they first came out and swear by them. All I use is my Equalizer or Saddle because of their mobility. Equalizer is taking orders. Give Bill a call.