Deer And Deer Sightings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Deer And Deer Sightings

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

I'm so confused, I just can't quite figure out what all has happen to the deer I was once a custom of seeing? This is two years now for me with poor daylight deer sightings. Weather, standing crops and our states fine deer management program has a lot to do with it I'm sure? Abundance of doe permits available! Yes, I've seen deer and passed on deer, thinking bigger is better, bigger as in body size. I've got the last nine days of our season off no work and all play, We'll see or maybe not! How was your season and sightings?
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Gwens Dilemma

Re: Deer And Deer Sightings

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

I'm a "if it's brown it's down" deer hunter. Got a mature doe on my 4th sit. Saw 4 deer total in those evening 4 sits. There is a 500+ acre sanctuary about a mile from where I hunt but the Province gave the natives a couple 3 or 4 day hunts in it after I got my deer. Don't know what next year will be like. Just a rumor I heard "deer delivered to your door $100" Hope it's not true :(
Dave
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Deer hunting in most states is over they want them gone.Here in pa we have worst deer hunting I have seen in 53 years.I did not see 1 deer for 2 weeks of gun season not 1 ..

crews of 25 got 2 doe ..I saw 7 bucks killed for lets say 500 hunters ....

its over and now idiots are going to allow semi-auto rifles for deer hunting ..Safety out window ,learning kids to take quick shots not raised to wait for clean shot ,deer left will be shot like rabbits just open fire hoping you connect.

I AM DISGUSTED WITH STATE OF PA and its happening in other states also...

Do not ever believe the states wildlife commissions like PGC ..THEY LIE ..Its over my friend and sadly we lost the war we tried .....Now they made air guns/bows legal wait until you see everyone buying the new AIRBOW NO doubt it will be end to crossbows ..Everyone at our camp is switching to AIRBOW if it is allowed which it will be.....
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

I have seen Deer on most of all my sits this year. I do a lot hunting in Southeastern region of Pa. I hunt mostly on private land which I control and the other is friends of mine which is also private. I do have property in the Northcentral part of the state and I see Deer a lot not many but they are there. I agree that Pa Game Comm. Is about money and not deer density. I agree with this issue of allowing the new guns and that airbow is nuts. Where is the ethics of hunting gone. It's about the all mighty dollar. It's a shame because it's not about real hunting it's about how easy it is to kill an animal. Just go in the woods and fire away. I hope this may turn around but in realality it will not.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

The Gov't has destroyed the deer population where I hunt. Ten years ago we had too many deer, so the Govt introduced a free lottery on does. It didn't take long and they started charging $20 extra on top of your regular license if you won. Ten yrs later they STILL have the lottery, plus the addition of now allowing crossbow hunting. I saw one deer in two weeks of hard hunting, and on three trail cams, I have pics of three deer.

I doubt I will hunt next year, it just wouldn't be right harvest a deer when the population is so low. :(
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I've seen deer every time I've been out hunting at my uncle's farm but never in range. Plenty of good sign as well all over the place. Have only made it out a few times this year though due to too much time spent at work. Hope to make a last minute push during the Christmas Holidays as I will be off for the last week of December. Fingers crossed. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Hunting in Northern Virginia, my daughter and I had our best year ever. I will say though that I did hunt a LOT and I did not see a lot of deer for the amount of time invested. Once the guns started going off in the early September doe season, everything went nocturnal. Between Labor Day weekend and the rut, the only deer I saw and the last two that I took with my Micro were in the last 30 minutes of light. During the rut, you never know what you'll see or when.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Not a good year for me. Its difficult to say that because I took 3 but two were out of Country. My camera shows pictures of some deer but they were mostly nocturnal before and during the season. I usually hunt hard and sightings were very few and I gotta say I'm often jealous of the hunters who say they see deer every sit. My sit to deer sightings are 10:1 and its been that way for a few years now. Its a good thing I enjoy hunting and not just killing but its a rush when you see them even if they are out of range!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

We have a 120 day season fer archery here, 26 days left. I saw 21 deer so far, alot of days not seein any deer this yr. 27 days since i saw my last deer. I have killed 6 this season
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Phillyarcher wrote:I have seen Deer on most of all my sits this year. I do a lot hunting in Southeastern region of Pa. I hunt mostly on private land which I control and the other is friends of mine which is also private. I do have property in the Northcentral part of the state and I see Deer a lot not many but they are there. I agree that Pa Game Comm. Is about money and not deer density. I agree with this issue of allowing the new guns and that airbow is nuts. Where is the ethics of hunting gone. It's about the all mighty dollar. It's a shame because it's not about real hunting it's about how easy it is to kill an animal. Just go in the woods and fire away. I hope this may turn around but in realality it will not.

PHILLY,he is hunter I can see that..read what he said ,yes in privateland around homes they have deer but not in wmu2g nc pa .which is publicland...

write letter into ....pgccommissioners.gov stating no semi-autos for big game hunting..thanks..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Bullzeye wrote:The Gov't has destroyed the deer population where I hunt. Ten years ago we had too many deer, so the Govt introduced a free lottery on does. It didn't take long and they started charging $20 extra on top of your regular license if you won. Ten yrs later they STILL have the lottery, plus the addition of now allowing crossbow hunting. I saw one deer in two weeks of hard hunting, and on three trail cams, I have pics of three deer.

I doubt I will hunt next year, it just wouldn't be right harvest a deer when the population is so low. :(

Sadly you are not alone...I saw total of 11 deer from October to last week..i am out about 4 days a week and know my area on deer ..I talked to crews that drove deer and saw 2 deer for 3 days hunting gun,2 deer..