left handed crank

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

left handed crank

Post by hunter with MS »

Does anyone know of a crank that is left hand or can be switched to left hand that can be used on Excalibur crossbows ? Reason my right hand is not working to turn the handle of the crank . I refuse to quit !
bob watkins

Re: left handed crank

Post by bob watkins »

have the bow face you then the crank is on the lh side might be backwards but it will work
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

See if you can remove the handle and rig it so you can use a rechargeable screwdriver on shaft - you put a nut on shaft and pean shaft or tack weld it on - then use socket in screwdriver to crank it. The one I seen a guy using worked very fast and was no noisier than the cranking sound.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Call Danny Miller. He might have a solution
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

The left hand spool on the C2 has what appears to be an 11mm hex hole. You could try taking an 11mm hex key to 3/8" or 1/2" socket adapter and a matching ratchet wrench handle to give you a longer lever to make it easier to cock as well. The string is tied through here so you may need to drill a new hole and smooth the edges to knot the string through to allow the hex socket to go deep enough into the hole. You would not be able to let it down with the crank this way, but you would be able to get it cocked back as you would only want to try it with the brake pawl on the right side engaged.
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Excalibur could make it so the crank could be left or right hand all they would have to do is put the brake levers on both sides then all one would have to do is remove the handle and pull the axle out along with the brake gear and put in the other side . Same as open face fishing reels . As for the brake lever it would be not be used on the side without the gear . Hint Excalibur think about it !
frisky

Post by frisky »

I heard of one guy turning over the bow over, looking at the bottom side and cranked that way. Remember that all is opposite that way!
Will that help any??? :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting