Thinking about the New Grizzly

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DanO

Thinking about the New Grizzly

Post by DanO »

I have an older Exocet 200 that seems to be gaining weight. LOL. Just wondering if anyone has shot the Grizzly this past fall. Is it strictly for smaller hunters? It seems to be very affordable.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
amythntr

Re: Thinking about the New Grizzly

Post by amythntr »

DanO wrote:I have an older Exocet 200 that seems to be gaining weight. LOL. Just wondering if anyone has shot the Grizzly this past fall. Is it strictly for smaller hunters? It seems to be very affordable.
...ThackMan from this forum owns one and is not a little guy...we went to a 3D shoot in the early fall and the gGrizzly was a tackdriver....he shot that baby better and farther than my Gen1 335....it is not a toy for sure....and yes it is very well priced!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Another member here took a huge 9 point buck last fall with one, I think you'll be very happy with one.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

DanO
The Grizzly is a pleasure to shoulder and shoot :D :D
I shot 2 deer with it this year.Shooting a 18 inch arrow @ 350 grain chronographs at 302 Fps
Now no shots were longer then 40 yards and all where Complete Pass thru with a NAP Sling Blade.
While Still A Matrix its Just About a Inch Longer Than The Micro 335 and no one Complains about those Being to short :lol: :lol:
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

"There is no think, Only do!"
Axiom w/Excalibur stock accessories
Matrix 350 LE w/Excalibur stock accessories
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

I don't like that they market the entry level bows for small stature hunters etc. As stated earlier the micros are smaller and they aren't marketed that way. Lots of guys are using the grizzly and love it!! Same quality as any other excal in the line up!!

If you like the feel I say go for it!!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
CalhounWV

Post by CalhounWV »

I am 6'3" 260#, the Grizzly feels good to shoulder and has plenty of power to take any game I would hunt. All my whitetail shots have been 25 yards or less, all pass-through. I am partial to using the stock set up, with the 150 grain bolt-cutters.
Matrix Grizzly, diablo bolts w/luminated nock, 150 gr. BAT boltcutters.
galamb

Post by galamb »

I don't see a crossbow "fit" as important as a rifle or shotgun.

I'm 6'1", go 200 pounds. I have a length of pull of somewhat over 15" (15 1/8" on my custom rifle stocks) and draw 31" on my vertical bows.

Having said all that I shoot a Vix II and do not find it "too small" at all. When I pull the trigger I am not worried about getting a scope in the eye like I would on a rifle that kicked like a mule etc, so the shorter stock, shorter LOP etc is not any kind of hindrance.

The Griz has been a popular seller for us - it's an Excalibur that anyone can afford and it competes well with the "wheeled" crossbows at a similar pricepoint and unlike them, it isn't made in China.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

I am also 6'1" 230lbs or so and I love my grizzly. 8) It's accurate as hell too. I've nailed a 78 yd shot on a 3D course with it. :mrgreen:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

I've shot one at the local shop. Good feeling bow. Not the fastest but very easy to cock back and shoulders nicely!
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

The Grizzly is as good as it needs to be and very accurate for me. I bought it because I wanted to tryout crossbows. If I could do it again, I would buy the Matrix 330 so you are over 300fps regardless of bolt weight. I think the added bonus for either of these is to install a Nikon Bolt scope and use VPA's Non-Vented three blade. The simplicity and accuracy of the Grizzly is something to behold though. A 50 yard shot is right on the money but I'm gonna start limiting myself to shorter range.

It works!
CORALLUS

Post by CORALLUS »

I only bought my Grizzly less than a month ago and it is the first crossbow I have ever owned or shot so I'm not sure my vote counts for much but so far I love it!

I got mine on sale and it was pre-assembled (last one in the store).
I set up a target at home and my first 3 shots at 20 yards - all tightly grouped and within a couple of inches of bullseye. Some small adjustments made to the scope and and I have been shooting dead on all day at 20 to 40 yards ever since.

Although this is the first time I ever shot a crossbow - I have 40 years experience shooting rifles....but I am still quite amazed at how accurate this thing is.
Looking forward already to deer season 2017

So obviously I say go for it - don't think you will be sorry!