FYI for those who own Barnett's too

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Scarecrow

FYI for those who own Barnett's too

Post by Scarecrow »

Looks like the bolt sensor is not working correctly and the crossbows are firing at will!! Yikes!!

http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/crossbow-recall
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
papabear1

Re: FYI for those who own Barnett's too

Post by papabear1 »

Think of all the people that own them and don't know about it. :(
Could be some serious accidents. :|
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

read it a few times and not sure but it says the bolt sensor isint working properly and may cause unexpected firing. i dont think it fires by itself but still bad news.
galamb

Post by galamb »

Carbon Express has a similar recall going on.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0867/ ... 5261019274

The issue with the CE's is that they are "firing" when you engage the safety.

This is some of the issues you can expect to see when you make a prototype and then send it to the C.H. INA company to mass produce for you and those operating the machines and doing the QC have no idea about how the product is supposed to work.

I assemble a ton of Barnett's at work, they are our best selling brand. But if I didn't have a tap/die set (most of the holes are not finished properly) plus the experience of how to torque/force the parts into place it would be more than a chore to get one assembled. Even their higher end bows are "horrible" to try and assemble. If I was a customer that had just dropped a grand on a bow where holes don't line up, threads in the holes are either missing altogether or full of burrs (so that the screw won't wind in), where you have to put the stock in a vice and reef on the limb to get the hole lined up (to put in that screw that won't go because the hole needs to be tapped) I would be a little more than "upset".

Sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you pay and don't get what you pay for :lol:
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS