Looking For

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Looking For

Post by L. E. Carroll »

My wife and I recently took in a "Special Needs" 16 year old grand son to live with us as we attempt to get him thru high school. He's very active and inventive as he's always exploring the woods around our cabin with my 2 year old Red Heeler and a bow he roughed out, which is made of green vine maple. ( I supplied him a couple old arrows remaining from my "Traditional" Days. )

He took in about $50 in "Christmas Money" which he would like to spend on a traditional style bow as he failed to find one under the tree yesterday :| ... Instead it was a new spinning rod and reel with a bit of Trout tackle. Which I think was OK, but Not Quite as Good. :?

If anyone has an older R/H bow, aprox 58-64" in length and about 30# in draw weight, that is no longer being used, and which you would consider letting go of ? Please let me know, as I said, he has $50 and I'll gladly pick up the shipping.

He sits here watching TV way too much but his eyes really light up when I mention him going out to shoot. ( I'm happy that I kept 3 old 3D animal targets out there for him to enjoy. )

I'm fairly confident that maturity wise, he will never make it into the hunting field during my lifetime, but he does enjoy shooting and this gets him "Outside" and "drawing a string back" which is a good thing and something I would like to see more young people doing.

Please if you would look around in the barn, on the garage wall or in the attic if up there putting Christmas decorations back away in the near future and come across an old one you forgot you had..... :shock: maybe consider selling it too us?

Much of what we see advertised is from China and mostly plastic... I would rather see him spend his $ here on our forum if he can find one of somewhat better quality ?

Thank's, G-pa Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Re: Looking For

Post by xcaliber »

Gene, you make me feel good reading this. I hope you find a nice bow, and I'll ask around too. :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

PM sent
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

We have sportsmans meeting this month to get ready to feed deer ,I will check .
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

Gene

Wish I had one it be on its way today at no charge.
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Dear Jeff,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the offer of $ on your part to help make this happen.

However, G-pa ( being me ) wants Izac to feel that he has made this happen mostly on his own by spending his own money on this....

You see he was raised the past 12 years as a ward of the State of Oregon as a result of heavy drug and alcohol use by both his Mom and Dad during the pregnancy. ( which will have lasting effects through out his life )

Due to having been raised in Group Homes previous to moving here, he has become accustomed to having his needs and wants handed to him thru CPS and the group homes he has lived in with no effort on his part.

We are attempting to get him ready to move into public school ( even though it may be in Special Ed ), now that he's living here with us in WA State.

I would like to see him learn a bit more as far as responsibility and wanting to "contribute to being a family" and making positive things happen goes... Maybe like doing things such as taking out the garbage and feeding the dog goes. (Without some of the "Negatives" he occassionally displays).

I think perhaps his spending of " his money " on something HE wants at the age he is now, can in his case, be a good thing.....
So we will hang onto this post a bit and see if something he can afford shows up down the road a bit... did I mention :oops: I'm also trying to teach him to be a bit patient ? (Un-like his G-pa :mrgreen: )

Gene
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

no problem.
just offering help the only way that i could with your request
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

Gene, if you come to Boofest 2017, you can take one one with you.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

Just checked and I have an old red fiberglass stick bow 50" long, Absolutely no value to me that the lad can have. I just need a name and address. If you really want him to pay, a small donation to the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Wounded Warriors or whoever you decide. :D
Dave
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Everyone,

I would like to give a a big Thank you to all who have taken interest in this post... My Grandson will quite soon have a approximately 30# longbow on the way from Bob Watkins. :shock: :D

I would like to publically offer a huge Thank You to Bob for his generosity.

Due to the fact that Bob would take nothing in payment, I will be donating a bit of Izac's funds to the Salvation Army in our area as I do what him to feel he in some way contributed to making all of this possible.

Thank you all once again,
Gene Carroll and grandson Izac Rutledge
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Awesome post, especially at this of year. The generosity of people in this community never ceases to amaze me.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Very nice..
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Bob, that was very nice of you Sir. Great post, and outcome!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

There is a Santa, very nice of you Bob. all one big family. :)
W.M.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

racking up points wrote:Awesome post, especially at this of year. The generosity of people in this community never ceases to amaze me.
My exact sentiments as well Derrick. Well done gentlemen, well done indeed! 8)

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.