Rookie Xbow Hunter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

L. E. Carroll

Re: Rookie Xbow Hunter

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Take advantage of Paul's offer and take to heart any advise he gives you, as very few here can come near what he has to teach you. :wink:

I'd make a road trip if the weather permits, and an invitation comes your way, to go see him in person and be sure to take that new 380 along for the trip. :D

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I feel the Matrix 380 is Excalibur's flagship...Nothing comes close!! :twisted: GREAT choice!!! :D

You can do this at 100 yards, Off your knee! :D

This is an honest, unsupported(Left elbow on left knee) group shot with my M380 at 100yrds.

They are loud...and Powerful!!!.. The single most noticeable thing I did to quiet my 380 was the Flemish Twist string... Lots of them for sale on the trader section here. I use vixenmaster's.

The other thing about the 380 is keeping screws tight. This is the single most frustrating part of the 380!!!!!!!!!! So alcohol or acetone your screws and Loc-Tite them... And ALWAYS blame loose screws if you accuracy suddenly goes south. Or even if you POI shifts an inch. :lol:

And if you ever shoot at the same place twice...PLAN to buy 2 new arrows! :mrgreen:

Last edited by MTBighorn on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfkrieg

Post by Wolfkrieg »

Wow MTBighorn!

That's really impressive. Did you put a fancy scope on your bow to hit accurately at those distances or just the one supplied with it? Hopefully I can be splitting arrows soon! ( well maybe not so much as that's probably expensive over time ) but you know what I mean!

I have to sight my rifle in tomorrow for my late season elk hunt and am finally going to fire a few arrows through this baby as well.. Super stoked!!

I'm also going to meet up with paulaboutform hopefully in the next few weeks at the local archery range and get the true rundown which will be incredibly helpful.

Thanks for all the feedback and greetings - I feel welcomed ! :)
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I really like, and use the TactZone scopes. I have compared it to my VERY expensive 10x42 Zeiss binos right past shooting light. And I can say that the Zeiss binos kinda disappointed me because they really weren't that much better than the TZ...The little TZ scope has a LOT going for it.