another good sit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

another good sit

Post by xbowrook »

me and one of my hunt buddies were back at it this morning.. got set up and what a difference... with the warm temps and rain, there is hardly any snow left in the bush at all.. sure made spotting the deer tough.. we did finally see something a little after 8 am... i heard a bunch of noise to my left and saw a bunch of deer running, they got about 65 yards behind me, stopped, stomped and ran back the way they came... something spooked 'em.. there was 11, all doe's and fawns.. then we watched deer skirt the thickets all morning... they would come so far, then turn around and leave with no interest in the calls or decoys.. i did a few doe calls, then 5 minutes later i see movement.. 4 more doe's coming in, this time they were on a mission.. they come in, cross the creek and i watched them walk around, then heard my buddy grunt to stop them, then heard the shot.. CLEAN MISS... awww, couldn't believe it... poor fella, he misses again... lol.. anyways, something cool happened.. i watched them a little, the filtered around behind me and off to my right, i had to stand slowly and turn facing the tree because i thought they'd sneak up the other side of me.. then i hear more noise in the direction they came from, watched a HUGE coyote pounce through the area chasing them off.. i clicked, grunted, everything else to try and stop him, but he saw 14 deer standing there and wasn't stopping for anything.. watched 3 more doe's way back in the thick stuff but nothing after that.. oh, and on the drive out, a huge owl flew right in front of my truck, scared the heck out of us.. .it was massive.. anyways, back to it in the morning.. hopefully catch something moving, just in range this time.. i have been using the camcorder, it's challenging but also fun... nothing really to put to video yet, just all interviews and B roll footage.. but fun none the less...
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
wsisk

Re: another good sit

Post by wsisk »

Good story.Best of luckk tomorrow
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
wsisk

Re: another good sit

Post by wsisk »