Photo hosting service

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nyexhunter

Re: Photo hosting service

Post by nyexhunter »

I am a member of a fishing forum and they allow you to add attachments directly to your posts. They regulate how many pictures can be added based on your good standing as a poster on the forum.
That is, until you have a good reputation and have demonstrated that you are not a trouble maker or advertiser, you are not allowed to add an attachment. Usually this takes at least 50 posts until you prove yourself. This works well and makes it so much more enjoyable to be part of that site as there is no jumping through hoops to add a picture.
I have never added a picture to this site myself as I don't do photo hosting services.
Thanks to the original poster for bring up the idea of exploring the possibility of directly attaching pictures to our posts on this site.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Wow ... I know what you mean ! ... I just uploaded a bunch for pic's to photobucket for an Oct/Nov/Dec thread and it wont let me copy them to post here ???

Never had that happen before ? The Photobucket sight is messed up !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Boo

Post by Boo »

Just started using https://postimg.org/
So far it's easy and direct. Very few layers so it's not time consuming.
Thank you Sparkey!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SEW

Post by SEW »

Does post image work on iPads ? I can't get it to work?
tracer

Post by tracer »

I use servimg.com

-works good
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I decided to try postimage. The first time I tried uploading my computer froze. The 2nd time I uploaded some hunting pictures off my phone and it appears that they have since deleted them. Grrr. Hunting pics not allowed??

So, off to the next site. Photobucket is dead to me.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

So far it works for me.Image
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Boo wrote:So far it works for me.Image

I notice that I can't click onto this pic to expand it Don. Still may not be a deal breaker, photobucket is pretty annoying, just an observation
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
WVCBH

Post by WVCBH »

I've been uploading images that are saved on my computer. No problems.
Still lovin' my EXCALIBUR MICRO 355! :-)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

ok I tried a few more at post image. I included hunting and non hunting, we shall see if they go in and delete ones like this
Sitkaspruce

Post by Sitkaspruce »

[quote="one shot scott"]I decided to try postimage. The first time I tried uploading my computer froze. The 2nd time I uploaded some hunting pictures off my phone and it appears that they have since deleted them. Grrr. Hunting pics not allowed??

So, off to the next site. Photobucket is dead to me.[/quote]

Postimage works for me and I have hunting pictures with dead animals and so far no problems.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/fih6o0d2l/][img]https://s6.postimg.org/fih6o0d2p/IMG_20 ... 170317.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://postimage.org/]image hosting 10mb limit[/url]

Cheers

SS
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

well its been this long and all my dead animals thus far have remained in postimage, so I'm saying good-bye to PHOTO-not-available-because-all-the-stupid-ads-keep-popping-up-unlessyou-pay-us-BUCKET :evil: I think the earlier issues I had with postimage were self inflicted.
Photobucket: its like they know what I'm upto, because I have been flooded with emails lately to "upgrade". NUTS TO THEM.

but what I do notice is that my pics are HUGE, and definition/quality is suffering because of it.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Sparkey wrote:https://postimage.com

It really is a simple site to use. Plus they have a windows app to help upload photos.
Thanks Sparky,, quick and works great even on my Microsoft Lumia phone,,, and no app's work with it.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

one shot scott wrote:well its been this long and all my dead animals thus far have remained in postimage, so I'm saying good-bye to PHOTO-not-available-because-all-the-stupid-ads-keep-popping-up-unlessyou-pay-us-BUCKET :evil:
and its like they know what I'm upto, because I have been flooded with emails lately to "upgrade". NUTS TO THEM.

but what I do notice is that my pics are HUGE, and definition/quality is suffering because of it.
I'll be leaving right behind ya OSS, I to am tiered of the slow ars like dial up days on photobuckets sight! you da man Sparky,,

I am a member on castboolits also, thanks for the heads up MTBighorn,, that works great too, but the site Sparky sent us to is fast fast fast!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I tried to move some pictures from photobucket to postimage with the hopes of shutting down my PB account but it was unsuccessful due to the slow speeds on PB. Post image is so easy on the pc as well as my cell. I just have to figure out how to get the image size smaller and I'm good to go! lol

the postimage site has ads but they are off to the side and don't interrupt, I expect that. They are not pop-ups that freeze the screen. PB is trying to piss of folks into upgrading for $$ and that's not cool. Thanks for throwing the PI name out there sparky!