Why did you buy an X-bow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

figam

Re: Why did you buy an X-bow?

Post by figam »

Tree broke on me as I was hanging my safety rope..fell 25 feet, broke my back. Dr. advised not to use compound bow. Best advice ever received from a Dr. Love my crossbow. Got myself a Matrix 355 for Christmas to go along with my Exocet 200 which I love except for it size. Happy New Year everyone and thanks for all the help I have received from ya"ll.
Steve Gardner
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

A crossbow was the quickest and easiest way for me. I had waited until the season was almost upon me before deciding to hunt the archery season. A crossbow took the least amount of time for me to get proficient with.

Didn't hurt that a like new Exomax package came up for sale locally for a good price.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I took up hunting fairly late. Its not something my family or friends did until I had a buddy from Michigan moved to Canada. He introduced me to compound shooting which I thought was cool as heck. I ended up buying an older PSE vertical and became really good at it. Shot all summer every chance I could and that bow was part of me. I hunted the first year and never had a chance at a deer. The 2nd year came and I ended up wounding a deer. It was because I was a newbie and didn't wait for the proper chance to draw etc. But at the time I said nuts to this hunting BS and put the bow down, I had no interest in doing what I just did. A few weeks went by nd I came across an ad for excalibur, turns out I spoke to some other hunters who had excals and they couldn't say enough good things about them, so I bought a exomax. I have been a crossbow hunter ever since, although I still have had a number of different compounds that I always enjoy shooting, and I'm still fairly decent. I came 2nd out of 60guys or so at a qdma shoot out 2 years ago, but due to the hunting grounds I'm on it just doesn't lend itself to a good place for vert & I don't have a herd of 20+ deer where I hunt. If the population #s where greater I think I would make more of an effort to use the compound or until I find a property that suits the comp, till then compound will always be my "fun" bow
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I got one a few years after Indiana made them legal for all archers for the entire archery season. I still use my vertical compounds early on, but prefer my crossbows.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Bought my first, an Exocet, back in the mid eighties, I believe, just to have some fun with. Had a lot of fun with it mainly target shooting. As my eyesight worsened it became difficult to hunt with a compound so I switched to my crossbow and never looked back. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
gridironcoach

Post by gridironcoach »

I'm a gun hunter, and I wanted to extend my hunting season.
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

Longer hunting seasons and not having to compete with gun hunters who far outnumber bow hunters here in Ontario. The silence of the bow. People hear (in Canada) gun fire and call police. While that has never happened to me I know of others who have had the police descend upon them while duck hunting.
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

That's easy, because crossbows were the only area of archery I haven't experimented with. I have been an archery nut for the last 48 years and nothing is going away anytime soon. I still have a few pet longbows, and one recurve along with a few compounds. Now add three excels. You can never have too much of a good thing......
Have crossbows will travel
Richman

Post by Richman »

Torn biceps tendon....pain when drawing my bows. So, Jerry Hill Longbow to my youngest son , Mathews Outback to my older son.....and me, a brand new 335 micro....Doctors orders. :D
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

Like many here, it was "forced" upon me...not that I'm complaining LOL
If my shoulders didn't scream at me every time I drew my compound, I probably never would have bought a crossbow, and now I have 2 in a matter of months! Should have done it years ago!
bloodtrail

Post by bloodtrail »

No medical issues. Just love hunting with my Excal.
I'd rather be shooting my Excalibur.
Matrix 405
Twilight DLX scope
BEZombies/Tactical Tapps
Grim Reaper SS BH
WVCBH

Post by WVCBH »

I bought my crossbow because I wanted one! :-)
Still lovin' my EXCALIBUR MICRO 355! :-)
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Another broken down hunter here. Vert. bows are out for me and rifle hunting became boring. Enter the Equinox and I've never looked back. Walk and stalking is more exciting for me.
Hank
coop

Post by coop »

I've torn my left rotator cup 2 times and have problems if I use it to much like shooting Vert bow enough to stay good it hurts so much I cant sleep at night. It pops and catches if I try to lift it above head. I have really enjoyed shooting my xbows the last few years.
M405+Swhacker=Awesome
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

flightattendant100 wrote:They are COOL

I'm COOL

Match made in Heaven! :lol: :lol:
Best answer so far! :lol: :lol: 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!