Why did you buy an X-bow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Why did you buy an X-bow?

Post by amythntr »

....blown shoulders....stopped hunting altogether...middle son said, "dad, what would it take for you to get back into hunting?"....dad said, "you have to get me a crossbow!" :D He got me a Barnett Quad400...shot a couple of deer and was hooked...researched crossbows and, "that's the rest of the story!"

Anthony :wink:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

Got to where I couldnt draw compound bow because of shoulder.Wife said get a crossbow to get me out of the house :lol:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
Wolfkrieg

Post by Wolfkrieg »

Wow , did not expect this many replies!
Thanks for all the feedback it's great to see the
diversity of decisions that led to getting into crossbow hunting.

I personally haven't hunted with my new x-bow yet, but my decision
was based purely on increasing my odds towards successful
harvests year after year
. I would like to think this is my main reason
for my getting "out there" in the first place. ( To sustain wild game meat
in the freezer for my family. However despite what I tell myself, I am
starting to think the drive is more so largely due to the challenging nature and the constant learning required to be successful when hunting anything).
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I have to credit Jean Chretien and Allen Rock. When they introduced the Gun Registry in Canada, the card they issued mentioned "crossbow" as an item being included.

So, although I had no interest in crossbows, and if our government was apparently about to require they be registered, that meant they didn't want us to have crossbows.

That settled it for me. I had to have one. Later, another. Then another.

Same thing, sort of, with air pistols. There was talk of having them included in the registry. So, I had to buy one for myself, and one for my son.

Those do-gooder scumbags cost me money.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
76chevy

Post by 76chevy »

to "try something new". I started with a wheeled ten point bow which I hated. Almost gave up on crossbows altogether then. Indiana just made them legal a few years ago during regular archery and I wanted to try something new after 20+ yrs of bowhunting.

I found Excalibur and got an Axiom and shot that along with my Mathews compound. I love shooting both and hunted with both some during bow season. My shoulders got progressively worse other the past 4 yrs or so and I moved more to hunting with the Excal as it was easier on my sore left shoulder. Moved to a Matrix 355 then a Grizzly which is my main hunting bow now. I still shoot the compound some but not like I used to...

Love the Grizzly I hunt with now!