How Do You Store Your Xbow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frankthedog

How Do You Store Your Xbow?

Post by frankthedog »

Hey all. Wondering how you go about storing your xbow when not in use. My Matrix 350LE does not fit in my gun safe. I have been just stashing it away and out of site when away from the house for a few days. Been thinking about using a bike lock or something like that to anchor it down. Enough to deter the average break and enter. Any thoughts on this?
sproulman

Re: How Do You Store Your Xbow?

Post by sproulman »

I built a fake wall inside one of my closets .put all my guns/bows in there if I go away ..it was not hard to do i cut gun rack type base just like gun cabinet ..CAMERAS mean very little everyone wears a mask now...
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Put 2 nails in an open beam stud in the ceiling of my basement at distance equal to the inside of the stirrup. This is in the corner of my hunting room.
I take the string off and hang up for the 9 months when it's not hunting season. I use small bungees on each side to make sure it does not come off nails.
During hunting season I just store in closet in the Matrix case.
Not concerned with theft, since if someone breaks into my house, they have already proven a total disregard for the first level of security and are on their way to violating anything else in their way and gathering whatever they want.
Most likely and hopefully, no one will be home at the time.
If I am home, I will ask them to remove their mask (since everyone wears a mask these days LOL) and call 911 or shoot them if they come at me, and not with a crossbow. :twisted:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I screw hooks in the bottom the rafters in my man cave,, a detached garage I use for all my hunting gear, as well as fishing and reloading gear. There is a large walkin in one corner just for hunting clothes in rubbermaid tubs.

The bow is hung from the stirrup when not being used. I never remove the string unless I am changing it,, my bows are shot year round!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Hung on the wall of my basement work bench/man cave area.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

My Exomax is stored in a closet in a spare bedroom. I have it standing vertically secured with bungee cords with the string off. This keeps it out of the way and out of harms way.

During hunting season I keep it stringed and in a soft case.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Mine is hung on the man cave wall still strung. I never know when the urge to shoot a dozen arrows will strike so it has stayed strung for six years with zero loss of speed.
Hank
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Both are hanging from the bottom of the floor joists in the basement...string on. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

It won't fit in your gun safe if you remove the riser from the rail? Surely it will :)
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

Mine sits on the excal stand and I shoot it year round. Going to take it yote hunting in a couple weeks, see how I do.