Noisy trigger system

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

Re: Noisy trigger system

Post by racking up points »

CaptainD wrote:Well, I got my crossbow back from the repair shop in Pennsylvania. I reattached the scope and limbs and was anxious to see what difference there would be in the noise issue. It appeared to me that the trigger had been replaced, but there was no written report on what had been done, nor had I ever got a phone call from the tech, as I had requested. I haven't shot the bow yet (Winter in Michigan), but I have used the rope cocking aid to uncock the bow. Seems to still make a loud noise when the trigger is pulled, even though the string doesn't move since I'm holding it back. I've watched the dvd Excalibur sent with my Eclipse when I bought it. They show a few "hunting scenes" of their bows in the field. I sure wish mine was as quiet as the ones featured in their video!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest to you that there was probably nothing wrong with your trigger in the first place and that's why there was no report. Being Excalibur, they probably changed it out for you anyway.

By the "sound" of it, you don't know what the trigger is supposed to sound like. I can't ever imagine a scenario where the release of the trigger latch would be audible over the sound of the vibrating limbs and string. But what do I know... :roll:
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
CaptainD

Post by CaptainD »

[Why don't you call them to find out what was done?[/quote]

I did call Excalibur Customer service, and by giving them my RMA # they were able to track down the service on my Eclipse. An "upgraded trigger" was installed, as well as the rubber pads that are supposed to cushion and silence the latches. Could not tell me if the originals were missing or not, but the new ones are supposed to stay in place. Very friendly and helpful people. Hoping for the best with my bow!
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

The rubber pads were probably replaced on the disapators on limbs.

I could be wrong want be the first or last time :oops:

Others with much more knowledge will chime in :roll:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
wsisk

Post by wsisk »

bump :mrgreen:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

wsisk wrote:The rubber pads were probably replaced on the disapators on limbs.

I could be wrong want be the first or last time :oops:

Others with much more knowledge will chime in :roll:
He had a trigger problem and sometimes the rubber bumper inside the trigger mech, (been a while since I owned an OEM trigger but I think the bumpers in newer bows are green), loses its adhesion and falls out.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
CaptainD

Post by CaptainD »

Well guys,my report on the noise of my crossbow after the 2017 is "inconclusive."
I only saw one buck I wanted to shoot, and he never gave me a good shot. So, my excalibur was extremely quiet this season and no deer jumped the string.
It was 5 below zero on December 27 when I was antlerless hunting, and the doe I shot fell from my muzzleloader. Too cold for me to manipulate the crossbow.
Hoping for a good noise report next year!