Boofest 2017 anyone?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Boofest 2017 anyone?

Post by Doe Master »

I got her signed up and she went nuts posting .
I think I`ll have to treat her as Spam . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:I got her signed up and she went nuts posting .
I think I`ll have to treat her as Spam . :lol:
Sounds like a bit of self preservation going on here :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Sounds like a bit of self preservation going on here
Maybe just a little . :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:
Sounds like a bit of self preservation going on here
Maybe just a little . :lol:
Tom

Post by Tom »

Shehunts wrote:Cause we all know there are soooo many to tell. LOL It will take more then a weekend!
Well, Paul comes early and leaves late, would thar be enough time to tell the stories LOL.

Don, if health permits, it sounds like I will be there.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
mreyner

Post by mreyner »

As I too have never heard of Boofest do have a couple of questions. Not to be a prude :oops: but as a recovered alcoholic (28 years clean) :D don't mind drinking but have a very hard time with "drunks" :evil: sorry about that, its how I cope. Is there a cost, does one stay in Toronto or are there also other places closer? Any information would be grateful.
Tom

Post by Tom »

mreyner wrote:As I too have never heard of Boofest do have a couple of questions. Not to be a prude :oops: but as a recovered alcoholic (28 years clean) :D don't mind drinking but have a very hard time with "drunks" :evil: sorry about that, its how I cope. Is there a cost, does one stay in Toronto or are there also other places closer? Any information would be grateful.
First off, congratulations on your 28 years.

There are many there that do not drink any alcohol. It is a family weekend with kids present. There is alcohol and some drinking, especially around the firepit (weather permitting) but Don has always asked (and people comply) not to over drink.

Many members stay at local hotels, Oshawa, Clarington, Port Hope and some will even camp out in a field at Don's.

The only costs will be your food, beverages, how are where you sleep. There is also, normally draws for prizes (tickets cost small amount) and proceeds go to someone in need.

It is a great weekend with people that love archery with a wealth of knowledge, that are willing to share what they know.

Tom
Tom
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

mreyner wrote:As I too have never heard of Boofest do have a couple of questions. Not to be a prude :oops: but as a recovered alcoholic (28 years clean) :D don't mind drinking but have a very hard time with "drunks" :evil: sorry about that, its how I cope. Is there a cost, does one stay in Toronto or are there also other places closer? Any information would be grateful.
I asked the exact same question of forum member Normous when I was a newbie as working my way through college as a doorman left my tolerance for drunks at zero. As I have learned, and Tom has stated, this is very much a family affair. Truly a great time with like minded sport shooters and hunters. You'll love it! :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

paulaboutform wrote:
I asked the exact same question of forum member Normous when I was a newbie as working my way through college as a doorman left my tolerance for drunks at zero. As I have learned, and Tom has stated, this is very much a family affair. Truly a great time with like minded sport shooters and hunters. You'll love it! :D

Paul
There is absolutely zero tolerance to any overt drinking. I will not stand for it and if I or many others see it, it will be dealt with swiftly, harshly and without the tiniest regret. This has to be an enjoyable weekend for everyone and no one likes a drunk. I have a backhoe :mrgreen:
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Finally, my schedule should permit me to attend another Boofest gathering! I'm going to pencil it in for now, I just need to be sure it wont conflict with any racing.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
There are however a handful of folks that act as though they are " well oiled" even though they are stone cold sober! I won't mention any names. :lol: :lol: In all seriousness it is a great weekend for you and family. Great folks, great fun! Can't wait! :D
Tom

Post by Tom »

flightattendant100 wrote: There are however a handful of folks that act as though they are " well oiled" even though they are stone cold sober! I won't mention any names. :lol: :lol: In all seriousness it is a great weekend for you and family. Great folks, great fun! Can't wait! :D
LOL ............ and to think Paul, you were not even there last summer ...... again not to mention any names LOL
Tom
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....yes, it is true....no one is allowed to be under the alkafluence of insahol to the point where it takes all day sober to Sunday up.... :mrgreen: :lol:

.....and congrats on the 28 years of being on the wagon....I too have not had a drink for three years....not bothered by anyone who drinks but am very respectful of those who deal with it in their own ways....my hat's off to ya!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I think for the most part anybody that is at Boofest is going to be a Happy Drunk . Because how can anybody not be .
You are at Boofest !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Boo wrote:
I have a backhoe
:lol: :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone